Max Payne 3
‹ Previous123456715
  • Rockstar details Max Payne 3 DLC pack plan

You can receive all of the content by purchasing the Max Payne 3 Rockstar DLC Pass for 2400 Microsoft Points (£20.40) on Xbox 360 or $29.99 (about £18.40) on PlayStation 3. PC plans weren't mentioned.

Looking forward to the game, but pre-paid DLC can die in a fire. Pretty brazen from Rockstar as well considering how poorly most of their games have performed on-line.

Rockstar Social Club Crew - http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/the_bear_and_badgers
  • I_R said:

Rockstar details Max Payne 3 DLC pack plan

You can receive all of the content by purchasing the Max Payne 3 Rockstar DLC Pass for 2400 Microsoft Points (£20.40) on Xbox 360 or $29.99 (about £18.40) on PlayStation 3. PC plans weren't mentioned.

Looking forward to the game, but pre-paid DLC can die in a fire. Pretty brazen from Rockstar as well considering how poorly most of their games have performed on-line.

How is this any differently to the way Forza/Gears of War handled their online pass things? You prepay for content and get it once it's released. 
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Looking forward to this.

The DLC for Red Dead Redemption was quality, GTAIV was great too, so if you like the game there's a good chance the DLC will be worth it.
  • @google: It's not that different and I wouldn't pay for those either. I can at least understand some people knowing beforehand that they'll buy all the DLC for those games and pre-paying can be a saving.

Doing it for a game that's a complete unknown on-line is a bit bizarre, especially as it's something that Rockstar are pretty weak at. The multi-player could easily be a wasteland by the time the final content is released.
  • I'm confused at what you're saying. Are you stating that rockstar should ignore additional revenue that they could use to develop the multiplayer side of their game?
  • Obviously, if you can get people to shell out an extra £20 for your game at launch, it's hard to turn it down. They're going to piss people off if it turns out badly though.

Edit: Selling game modes in your pre-paid DLC isn't an encouraging sign either. Suggests that the multi-player on the disc is a bit threadbare.
  • Obviously, if you can get people to shell out an extra £20 for your game at launch, it's hard to turn it down. They're going to piss people off if it turns out badly though.

I agree with you.

I'm not sure how much uptake they're going to get in a title that hasn't been relevant for a decade.
  • Anything been confirmed for the DLC yet?
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    the actuall main game is looking good though folks.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    three1ne said:

Anything been confirmed for the DLC yet?

from the link ir posted....

The first new content will arrive next month, just weeks after the game's European console launch on 18th May.

Local Justice, the first DLC add-on, includes the Police Precinct multiplayer map, two other multiplayer maps, police precinct-themed multiplayer avatar items and multiplayer challenges.

The vast majority, if not all of the extra content appears to relate to Max Payne 3's multiplayer modes.

"The story of Max Payne 3 begins in the single-player game and crosses over into the deepest multiplayer experience we've ever created," Rockstar boss Sam Houser said. "We intend to support the Max Payne community with new and innovative content well into the future."

Coming this summer are the Disorganised Crime Map Pack, Deathmatch Made In Heaven Mode Pack, Hostage Negotiation Map Pack and New York Minute Co-Op Pack.

Due in autumn are the Painful Memories Map Pack and Trickle Down Economics Map Pack.

• Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I'm expecting the scene where he shaves his head to be the most emotionally gripping virtual acting in gaming for at least a decade.
    If he starts the game bald then fuck that.

Does anyone know any good gameplay videos? I haven't actually seen anything substantial yet i've realised.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    there all over psn and live for the best quality vids.

also max payne ps2 is supposedly free this week for playstation plus users.

• I couldn't give a flying fig about the multiplayer aspect, but the single player does look pretty swish from what I've seen.

regards

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Saw the trailer for this before The Avengers and it looked pretty good on a massive screen.

Liking the City of God bundle Zavvi are doing on preorders, it's a nice idea.
    PSN: Shinji-_-Ikari
    Twitter: @YouDidItAll4Me
  • Ah, didnt realise that was an actual link. SHIT FORUM. lolz.

This is the game of the year for me. I have a serious raging bonk on for it.
  • OK, I won't be able to pick this up until the 25th when I finish my exams, but I want to set up one of these crew type things. They apparently will carry on into GTA V as well. You should be able to join from here if you're interested.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/the_bear_and_badgers
    XBL: DJ Rick Joyce
    PSN: P-BAP
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I'll be in your crew Rick. I'm quite tempted by the offer Curtis posted in the bargain thread, £30 at Blockbuster if you preorder. 

The thing is I'm bollocks deep in Minecraft and Fez at the minute, with Trials getting the odd blast (go Xblah), and I've already preordered Dragon's Dogma which is out a week after this. 

The only way I can justify the day one purchase to myself is if the multiplayer is going to be a big forum thing and I'll have missed it by waiting for the price drop. What does everyone reckon? I can't see it setting the heather alight in the same way as Trials/Minecraft, so I'll probably just wait for the drop and blast through the single player once it's cheap.
  • This is a day one-er (helloooooo discount) but the MP can fuck right off. No thanks.
  • Probably day one for me. I'm expecting the multi-player to be popular, but very short lived.
  • Max Payne, bullettime.... Multiplayer?? How's it going to work, or is this a new Max Payne with new mechanics?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Nah, they've said that the bullet time is going to be in there, but fuck knows how that's going to work. Maybe time slows for the guy triggering it, but completely stops for everyone else?
  • Seems to work for people in line of sight, or something, one of the trailers on Live explained it sort of. We'll see.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I'm sure it will be great and there will be no lag issues. So what if I come up behing a guy doing a bullet time dive and shooting at someone else? Will I see him floating through the air in slow motion? I can't get me head around it.
  • When is this out then? I should actually read all those emails Rockstar keeps spamming my inbox with.

*shrugs*

g.man
  • I'll be in your crew Rick. I'm quite tempted by the offer Curtis posted in the bargain thread, £30 at Blockbuster if you preorder. 

The thing is I'm bollocks deep in Minecraft and Fez at the minute, with Trials getting the odd blast (go Xblah), and I've already preordered Dragon's Dogma which is out a week after this. 

The only way I can justify the day one purchase to myself is if the multiplayer is going to be a big forum thing and I'll have missed it by waiting for the price drop. What does everyone reckon? I can't see it setting the heather alight in the same way as Trials/Minecraft, so I'll probably just wait for the drop and blast through the single player once it's cheap.
    That Blockbuster deal might just swing it for me, if enough of us get it, then by crikey we'll make it a forum thing. After suffering a lagtastic BF with Iain and Cuckoo last night, I/we need something.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Selected stores promo, not online the Blockie deal, fadge.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    It's out on Friday g.
  • Neato. Cheers Paul. It'll probably be in the indies on Wednesday then.

might pick this up

g.man
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Just watched A few mp videos. It looks terrible, usual rockstar headless chicken shoot out. I predict it will be played for 1 night, then 3 more out of desperation.

I'm out.
  • Fuck the MP. Single player slo mo jizz machine. Looks full amaze.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Looks garbage.
‹ Previous123456715

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!