Video game BAFTAS last night?
  • No mention of this on here yet?

Well done to Kind Of A Big Deal who got the "One To Watch" category for Starcrossed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21680101

http://techzwn.com/2013/03/spotlight-game-bafta-ones-to-watch/
    PSN: LtPidgeon - Live: Lt Pidgeon
  • One to Watch is such a shit category.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    I lost interest, but it's nice to see Dishonored getting a nod when most other places seemed to look over it.

Not sure how the CEO of a company that's made one original game and one sequel to it gets made a fellow but wotevs.
  • One to Watch is such a shit category.

Care to elaborate or are you just being a prick?

It was a dev team from Abertay that got it and it's a great platform to showcase their talent.
  • It does risk being an award for who can make the most noise or best PR.
  • I_R wrote:
    It does risk being an award for who can make the most noise or best PR.

Yeah, it's not really awarding anything is it when all you are saying "watch this game, it could possibly be good in the future at some point".
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Kickstarter.

Oh no that's Buy this game, it could possibly be released and might be good in the future at some point.
  • WorKid wrote:
    Kickstarter. Oh no that's Buy this game, it could possibly be released and might be good in the future at some point.

Eh? The game is released.
  • LtPidgeon wrote:
    One to Watch is such a shit category.
    Care to elaborate or are you just being a prick? It was a dev team from Abertay that got it and it's a great platform to showcase their talent.

I was mixing it up with the Golden Joysticks, who have a category with the same name for something totally different.
  • LtPidgeon wrote:
    One to Watch is such a shit category.
    Care to elaborate or are you just being a prick? It was a dev team from Abertay that got it and it's a great platform to showcase their talent.
    I was mixing it up with the Golden Joysticks, who have a category with the same name for something totally different.

Fair enough. Let you off then. :D
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I thought the same thing as Dante, is the BAFTA One to Watch different to the Golden Joysticks One to Watch?
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    The Golden Joystick one is for announced but unreleased games. Basically 'free' PR.

This is for up and coming studios.
  • Moto70 wrote:
    I thought the same thing as Dante, is the BAFTA One to Watch different to the Golden Joysticks One to Watch?

Apparently so.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Mod74 wrote:
    The Golden Joystick one is for announced but unreleased games. Basically 'free' PR. This is for up and coming studios.
    Could amount to the same thing then, an award for absolutely nothing other than somebody's guesswork?

The winning team in 2007 was announced at the British Academy Video Games Awards on Tuesday 23 October 2007. Actress Rebecca Ryan presented the BAFTA Mask to the Voodoo Boogy team for Ragnarawk, a rhythmic fantasy RPG adventure game set based around the many genres of music.

2009 - Boro-Toro - a side scrolling platform puzzle game which uses an innovative control system using Wii technology by DarkMatter Designs.

The 2011 BAFTA Ones to Watch Award was presented to That Game Studio for their impressively innovative game Twang!.

Swallowtail, the team who created Tick Tock Toys accepted the BAFTA Ones to Watch Award at the 2012 BAFTA Video Games Awards. The award is presented annually in association with Dare to be Digital.

A fine list of benchmark games and studios there eh!

Dante wrote:
    Apparently so.
    ...or apparently not. I'd say you were right first time around.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!