Gameboy
‹ Previous123
  • Nintendo-Game-Boy-1989-010.jpg

I was going through my stuff that I'd left at my parents house and found my old Gameboy with Warioland inside. Good news! It still works. Since my parents were skinflints I only ever got a handful of games for the thing. My question is this.

What are the best games on the Gameboy?

After playing Wario I realised that the Gameboy kicks the arse off the DS and PSP. Also does anyone know a good place to get accesories? I'm missing the battery cover off mine.
    The next generation doesn't start until MAG comes out. 

PSN: Naemuckle
    STEAM: Naemuckle
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I think you're going a bit mental.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • I found the zelda game (i think there were 2 but im talking about the first) really great

I'm going to be pretty vague i suppose but the nintendo golf game was addictive as hell, as was that bike one that was a bit like kickstart etc, total precursor to Trials
  • Mario Tennis. 
    Motocross Maniacs
    All the Mario and Wario platformer stuff.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    You might be able to get a battery cover off eBay. I've been playing the GB version of Donkey Kong on the 3DS, it's basically a whole new game with the same title, with loads of content.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Uh oh i replied to a mental person's thread, help, Skerret!
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Best games? Tetris, obvs. Super Mario whatever it was. There may have been others, but those are the only two that I played which I can still recall enjoying.
  • LazyGunn wrote:
    I found the zelda game (i think there were 2 but im talking about the first) really great

Only one, Link's Awakening. It was indeed absolutely great, still one of the best Zeldas.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    LazyGunn wrote:
    Uh oh i replied to a mental person's thread, help, Skerret!
    Break for cover, I'll create a diversion.

Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • I've got Links Awakening kicking about somewhere as well as.

Star Trek - The next Generation
    Chuckie Egg
    Tetris
    Some "Soccer" game my dad got in the states

Nothing mental about liking the Gameboy.

• Monster Max
    Kirby's Dreamland
    Batman
    Some Frankenstein game
    Super Mario Land 1&2
    Pokemon Red and Blue
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    Monster Max is a oft overlooked masterpiece on the GB.
  • Had Pokemon blue for my GBC. Stole my life.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    It got a quite brilliant early golf game - just called Golf. 

It also got a stupendous remake of Donkey Kong that starts out with the 4 basic levels then turns into an excellent puzzle platformer with loads of levels featuring keys and locks etc. DK '94 I think it was called.

If you have a Gamecube loitering around then the GBA adapter will let you play original GB games on your TV.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I've got a gamecube that sits unused but I don't really fancy playing infront of the tv. I've not even got my PS3 plugged in at the moment such is the shift in my life. Gameboys were just so easy to use·

• Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Scotswahey wrote:
    I've not even got my PS3 plugged in at the moment such is the shift in my life.

Preferring to do other things, such as gaming, to watching BluRays?

/Sony fan baiting.
  • I don't even own any blurays funnily enough. If I do get spare time away from my gf or daughter it's spent fucking about on my Raspberry pi. 

All this will change 'when the last of us' is released.

• acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Balloon Kid!
  • I still have mine.  Wario Blast, Mario Land and Tennis still get an airing when I can be bothered hooking up the Gamecube.
  • Boxxle
    Pinball Dreams
    Kirby
    Rc pro am
    Double dragon

Just listing ones which haven't already been said
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Tetris
    Tetris
    Tetris

Have played little else since getting a Gameboy off 'nana.

If anyone has an old copy of Tetris knocking about still that they don't want anymore let me know, think the battery is on its way out in my cart, need a backup.
  • Tetris? I think Tetris dx might have saved scores but vanilla Tetris didn't.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Surely even if it did save scores (which I don't recall) another cart will just have another battery which is roughly as old as the one in adored's cart and so just as close to running out.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Alternatively get a 3DS and the VC version of Tetris which will last, like, forever through the miracle of save states. Only £140!
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Surely even if it did save scores (which I don't recall) another cart will just have another battery which is roughly as old as the one in adored's cart and so just as close to running out.

Can't remember whether the original saved scores or not, this one doesn't, but it's also a bit tempermental. Obviously they're all going to be on the wane, but it wouldn't hurt to get another one at some point.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    The original didn't

Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    Alternatively get a 3DS and the VC version of Tetris which will last, like, forever through the miracle of save states. Only £140!

they could have just ported dx and saved everyone the bother. remembering to use save states in tetris is something i repeatedly forget to do.
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    adored wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    Can't remember whether the original saved scores or not, this one doesn't, but it's also a bit tempermental. Obviously they're all going to be on the wane, but it wouldn't hurt to get another one at some point.

You tried cleaning the contacts with a bit of rubbing alcohol dude?
  • Donkey Kong is ace. Gargoyles Quest. Tetris.
    PSN - minkymu
  • adored wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    You tried cleaning the contacts with a bit of rubbing alcohol dude?

Done nothing more than blow on the contacts so far, wil try something more pro-active at some point.

It's only crashed a couple of times, nothing out of the ordinary for a cart that age, but I should probably try and get another before the all vanish.

Used to have a cart with about 50 games on it with a reset / select button on the cart itself. Wish I could find that now.
‹ Previous123

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!