PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message

Aah this old chestnut.

So, there's a new one just round the corner. I know absolutely nothing about it other than 'People Can Fly' have developed it, and Cliffy doesn't work at Epic anymore. Surely these are both good things?

Anyway, i'm more interested whether the usual suspects are gonna dabble in the MP like we always do? No doubt it'll be the same story of everyone getting pissed off with Gonzo's barking orders, and unhealthy obsession with the Boomshot. lol! And the general rapey-ness of unbalanced teams, but all that aside, i do miss a decent multiplayer session amongst friends.

So, who's gonna play it for all of 2 months then ditch it for the next 'big' thing?

Oh, and i don't think anyone can disagree when i say that Gears has the most satisfying shotgun, and squelchiest headshots of any game, ever.  ;)
  • I'll probably play it at some point.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Yeah, I'll probably be in there waving a chainsaw around.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • I would like to get back on GoW3 tbh but the need to have the DLC is a bit off putting. Might wait for this to drop a bit in price. I will have to get it at some point to go with my trilogy and Gears themed LE Xbox :D
  • Shit, really has been 6 years!

I might get it. And then not play the mp cos I suck so much at it. 

Anyone still need to do Gears 3 on 4 player co op?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I quite like Gears so will be checking this out l, but waiting on reviews.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • I'd like an original GoW reunion. I still have a copy of the game. Next time i'll have access to an xbox however will likely be toward the end of the summer
  • Anyone wanna play tonight?
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • I'm of the same opinion bit wasn't ruling out 3 in case someone was interested.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • FUCK!!!! Just remembered my Gold ran out three days ago. :(
    Not that anything's happening here!
  • Cool. We'll get some sort of one night only revival together.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    An OG Gears reunion will never happen, so cleanse your mind of such thoughts. No doubt a fair few will jump on board when this new one drops.

I also like the idea of Free-For-All i linked in that vid above. That'll surely determine who's the greatest?  ;)
  • I'll play,Gonz'll play and I'm sure we can convince you so that's a start!
    I've always been the lone wolf so if there's enough nades,I'd be coming out on top! :)
  • Am well up for GOWJ but for being in a completely unhelpful timezone, even with phat Asian interpipes, and not actually having a 360 on me at all. Would dodge FFA in any case, I've never enjoyed the lone-wolf shit.

Hope the new one isn't perk-ridden. Is there any concrete info on weapon balances and introduction of new ones? Kinda hoping they go back to burst fire hambo, for instance.
  • I still play GoW3 not far from hitting 100 a 2nd time... love it.  Dubious whether this gears will be any good at the moment though.
    XBOX: Kurt Russel
    PS3: Air_Hair_Lair
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Judgement has been on the high seas for over a week and someone said there are only 4 MP maps!?

What the actual fuck!?

Please don't tell me they're gonna 'Season Pass' it and charge for DLC and remakes of classics.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I know nothing. Other than it 'leaked' a month early, and the internet loves rumours. lol!
  • Did someone say 'nades? What's new??
  • What the fuck no actives or stopping power? Long-range or shotty loadout? That's just.. exceptionally lame, though I bet that won a euphemism in development like "streamlining".
    Glad the OG hambo's back, but not at that cost.

Presumably a lot of this shit can be toggled in practice but I mean that still means they'll have to build a "Gears Classic" playmode or something if you want to do that publicly. Nonsense, nonsense, nonsense.

Bet the gnasher's still wretchedly unreliable too.
  • Can some cool indie team just rip this series' core multi game off wholesale and do it proper instead?
  • And no grub skins at all? Yeah, piss on this. Whaddawaste.
  • They are making it a proper squad based game, so you have a person who is the healer and has that ability, a long range person, a close up guy etc etc.

I think it could work.
  • I think changing up the formula is fine for this one.  I still play Gears 3 a lot and wouldn't buy anything too similar as I never tired of it.  Whether it works or not is a different story, I'm going to sit on the fence until its out and people have had a feel for it... Bioshock Infinite will be the game of the month for me ;)
    XBOX: Kurt Russel
    PS3: Air_Hair_Lair
  • I have to conclude that the Clifford's lingering denial of his sexuality has cursed the entire project despite his departure, such is its potency.

That's all this push for 'speed' in the game can mean. It is a fear of weight. It is a fear of Men.
  • Ah I'd pretty much ignored this completely, in fact I've been ignoring games completely recently, played maybe 30mins of games in the last 4 weeks, which is a record low for me I think. ANYWAY, will no doubt jump on this when it's out, and I see there's a mp demo releasing too, which is nice. Am quite skeptical of what I've read in this thread though but will reserve judgement until I've watched a few vids.

Keep meaning to get back to 3 at some point, still nothing really as satisfying as clearing people out in gears. I'd be up for some forum-only sessions of that, 1 or 2 if they were going.
  • I won't be getting this at launch, even though I got the others all day 1, but will be waiting to see how it turns out.
  • Anyone explain the no dbno thing? The vid gonz posted previous page clearly has dbno and revives - medic class or something?

Aside from that, it looks like gears to me. Will be purchasing mostly likely day one.
  • There is a class that has grenades to revive, IIRC.
  • Should all just play gears 3. It's still one of the best mp games out there.
  • I never even got 'round to learning the last bunch of maps. Largely because all the forum regulars seemed to have ditched it by that stage.
  • MattyJ wrote:
    There is a class that has grenades to revive, IIRC.

Ah ok, I'll need to investigate further methinks, when I first heard there was no dbno I thought they literally meant no crawling around on the floor, just BAM you're dead. Figured it was due to kids bleating on about kill steals. Good to know that's not the case, 'cause gears without crawling on the ground would be fucking weak. Ditto with the actives, I don't mind no damage boost but good to see they haven't just completely removed it.

I'd happily be on 3 for some trigger time, never understood why people don't like it, game's fucking awesome.
‹ Previous12345678

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!