PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    404798_10151308444472809_1374929774_zps29177f51.jpg

Just about to leave work so I'll update/edit at home but in the meantime what and where are you hoping for?
  • More like 3,less like 4? Dunno why but I didn't click with 4 as much. Also,a return of "The Clock" forum competition. Hopefully that fecker who joined late and blitzed all my times hasn't made the leap to the B&B!!
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Er, what he said, since it's the competition that was my main introduction to here, and Xbox in general.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Hodge360 wrote:
    More like 3,less like 4? Dunno why but I didn't click with 4 as much. Also,a return of "The Clock" forum competition. Hopefully that fecker who joined late and blitzed all my times hasn't made the leap to the B&B!!
    haha!

I'd like more a different UK city but if they must include London (which it looks like they will almost definitely be doing) then it would be nice to see somewhere else as well. While they're on it they could include some of the outskirts/residential areas.

Also I'd fuck the bikes off and try and include something more varied, a lot more less 'exotic' stuff would be nice and instead replaced with iconic cars.

With all this in mind though if I had to pick just one thing it would be custom tracks and events...
  • More snazzy weather effects would be nice.  Didn't really care for the bikes, so I wouldn't have a problem if they got dropped.  Original 360 feedback wheel support is a must, otherwise I can't justify forking out for a racing game (I've paid for that peripheral twice now, after my original wheel broke...I still think it's great).

Edit: I'm just assuming it'll be next gen btw.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I think everybody is.
  • I'm with Moto on dropping the bikes, and in seeing more iconic cars.  Not at the expense of exotics though, I want a shit load of both please.  As long as it's a performance car it should have a place.  

And I know PGR's all about cities (and the 'ring of course), but I think some of the worlds finest roads available as point to point events would fit a treat.  The Klausen and Stelvio passes, the Col de Turini, Deals Gap, or sections of the Transfagarasan Highway, Big Sur, or The San Juan Skyway maybe.

I'm proper bouncing up and down, grinning like an idiot excited about this.
  • Can we have the kerbs back as well please.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Just what the next gen will need to get it off to a good start, a hearty fun racer. Should see multiplayer pick up around these parts too.

Hopefully we will see other areas of Britain referenced, maybe a pre-speed camera Stanningley Bypass that links Thornbury to Leeds. In my mind I also have a circuit mapped out round Bradford city centre that takes in the delights of the media museum, St. Georges Hall, Primark, a closed down Woolies, closed down Gamestation, closed down Jessops...
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Thank fuck it isn't Playground Games. 

*runs*
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Hodge360 wrote:
    Can we have the kerbs back as well please.
    Oh fuck yes, and completely realistic damage to go with them. I used to love nearing the end of a session in GPL and throwing in some bad downshifts to try and get the engine smoking and rattling!
  • I'm looking forward to this, but I've got a few reservations. PGR made by a developer who isn't Bizarre Creations risks not being PGR. There's a pretty wide variance on what people want, just in this very small thread. A launch game made by small developer risks being a bit rushed, like PGR3 was. MS might be re-using Forza assets again, which worked for Horizon, but could make it feel a bit too familiar. 

I'm sure I'll buy if MS haven't fucked up their new hardware completely, but I'm wary the magic won't be there.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    While it is a new studio, there seems to be experience from Bizarre/Criterion, so I'm happy it *should* be in safe hands.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    I'm being incredibly simplistic, but a PGR like street racer shouldn't be that hard to make anyway. It's just they fell massively out of favour over the course of this gen.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I have no idea why.  They were incredibly good fun.  So this is a thing, then?  I had no idea until I saw the thread.  I'm just going to go all in and be super excited about it.
    Get schwifty.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    It's as close to being a thing as a thing can be I think.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Raiziel wrote:
    I have no idea why.  They were incredibly good fun. 

I think just plain fatigue really, both on the part of gamers and developers. New spins (ho ho) on the genre with things like Blur or Split/Second or Pure didn't really hit the mark either. Didn't help that CoD et al. caught then kept gamers eyes/pounds.
  • The move to on-line this gen did racers no good at all. On-line racing only really works with friends, with random people, it's still pretty much a fight to avoid the crash at the first corner. The rash of driving aids in racers probably made on-line even worse, it's rarely an even playing field.
  • More like 2 which was pretty perfect.. less like 3 which had poor courses, poor Live intergration in the actual multiplayer and the stupid idea of letting you use one car for nearly all the events.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Forzzzzzzza can do one, PGR 4 was the best racer of all times!!!11111111

Can't wait for this.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    As I_R said.

Bless this franchise. May it evolve, do whatever but BE a PGR. Please.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • No need for bikes. 

Decent damage model.

New Gwars.
  • Hodge360 wrote:
    More like 3,less like 4? Dunno why but I didn't click with 4 as much. Also,a return of "The Clock" forum competition. Hopefully that fecker who joined late and blitzed all my times hasn't made the leap to the B&B!!

I fucking loved that month or so. Really good fun and I really tried to improve - in fact I think I got a special mention as most improved player? Also, I've never really got into multiplayer so don't have much of a friends list apart from everyone I added during that brief tourney. Hodge, dark globe et al are still my only Xbox friends!

And yup, 4 wasn't great and the bikes were indeed gash but by god the first three were super. It's not exactly a killer app but if it's there at launch it probably means I'll be day one for tech I won't get the most out of.
  • Perhaps the best thing to do.. a-la whoevers having a go at Halo now would be to do a greatest hits HD remix of the best stuff from the series.. throw a few new tracks in.. Edinburgh from 2... etc. etc. Dump the bikes.. a few new cars.. cone challenges... job done.

Send the cheque to the usual address M$.
    The Forum Herald™
  • That would be my ideal solution, never mind selecting the best stuff though, stick every track on a blu-ray.
  • I don't know.. some of the Vegas tracks from 3 were bobbins ;)
    The Forum Herald™
  • Any new PGR game would have to have absolutely world shattering graffiks to stand any chance of success now.
    The games have always been a mixed bag, but they've always been in the right place at the right time.
    1 was a graphically stunning reboot.
    2 was the poster-boy for Xbox Live's fledgling service.
    3 was a graphically stunning launch title.
    4 was just more of the same with bikes, consequently nobody cared.
    Racers are a really hard sell now. The world has largely moved on, because as was pointed out previously, they tend to be a complete clusterfuck online unless you are only playing with friends.
    So yes, a PGR reboot at launch might just capture people's imagination for a while, though I suspect the franchise is now only good for one iteration per generation.

regards

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Oh yeah, I don't think sales success is likely at all. I'd guess the best chance is that like you say, it's pretty. It might sell a few hundred thousand around the launch window and MS could bundle it after that. 

My biggest concern would be how far out of their way any developer would go to make it appeal to people who don't like racers. Nice looking, Kinect functionality and some very easy courses are likely.
  • I always thought the lack of damage and the street nature of the tracks meant that PGR was excellent on line. Especially two.. Even if the first corner was a cluster fuck you were hitting a wall rather than being punted off over a field..so consequently you could get straight back into the action.. As the cars were all so close you'd invariably overtake at the next corner when they piled straight on again.

The second game was almost perfect..they should polish it up to HD and just release that again.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Probably going against type here but I loved 4. There was something about it that just clicked with me. Hope we can do a time trial challenge thing again. That was aces.
‹ Previous12

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!