adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    We had a thread for this kind of thing on the old forum and I thought it might be nice to try and make a go of it on this one. Let's start with Pandora's Tower.

Get the limited edition and you get a really nice steelbook and an artbook.

But that's not all! If you pre-ordered from HMV then you also got a special collector's edition box to hold your Nintendo JRPG collection in and a special artbook with art from Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story and Pandora's Tower.

The shiny tat madness does not end there, however! If you enter the Club Nintendo codes for the three Nintendo RPGs then you could also get a set of commemorative coins from Club Nintendo.

Enter the codes and a message will appear. Then, at some point soon, Nintendo will send you an email to confirm your order. Then, finally, you'll have a complete collection of special collector's edition tat!
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Those coins look like a load of shit.

Just clutter that you'll put in a drawer never to be looked at again like all special edition tat.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    You say that like it matters. I will cry tears of blood if that's what it takes to get those coins.
  • I think a mention needs to go to the Witcher 2.  The main game came with some decent goodies (nice map, guide book, CD) and was better than some special editions!
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • You say that like it matters. I will cry tears of blood if that's what it takes to get those coins.

You are one crazy mutha fucka
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Remember that Layton collector's box? It was just a little box to put your Layton games in. Getting it was the most fucking frustrating experience ever. My copy of Professor Layton and the Pandora's Box was missing the Club Nintendo code. Then the message wouldn't turn up. But I wanted that box so badly. Then the form wouldn't accept my address. I was getting so frustrated that it was almost reducing me to tears. I had to get that piece of tat! Had to! And finally I got the form to accept my address and then my box arrived in the post and i got my layton games and put them in the box and then oh oh oh they were in the box yay

This fucking shit matters.
  • The Zavvi MGS HD Collection Ltd Ed was in a tasty big box.

Looked like a boss/pathetic loser when it showed up at work a few weeks back. 

The artbook and tshirt are excellent though.
    PSN: Shinji-_-Ikari
    Twitter: @YouDidItAll4Me
  • That level of raving dedication to a cause has to be respected.

Even if it is for a box.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Shinji said:

The Zavvi MGS HD Collection Ltd Ed was in a tasty big box.

Looked like a boss/pathetic loser when it showed up at work a few weeks back. 

The artbook and tshirt are excellent though.

I watched the official unboxing video for that (um). Apparently the size was to match the CE for the original Metal Gear Solid. Thought it was a nice touch, probably good for the people who have the original.
  • Yeah, I was delighted with that, having got the CE of the original back in the day.

Was hoping it would include some more dog tags to go along the originals too
    PSN: Shinji-_-Ikari
    Twitter: @YouDidItAll4Me
  • I got xenoblade chronicles, and the limited editions of both last story and pandoras tower. And the HMV box holder thing with art book, then got the email for the coins.

But now im looking at the steelbook editions of last story and pandoras tower in the box, and would love a steelbook of xenoblade as it sticks out. Then i found this:

http://cgi.ebay.fr/Steelbook-Xenoblade-RARE--/221008917256?pt=FR_Jeux_Vidéo&hash=item3375287308#ht_500wt_922

And then realised i havnt finished any of these games yet. In fact, ive played about 2 hours of each. I always say this, but this time im calling it quits! After my theatrhythm mug turns up im calling it quits!

(God help me)
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I had a coin in the Witcher 2 box but I lost it. I may have tried to put it in some vending machine.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message

then got the email for the coins.

You got the email for the coins? What? When?
  • I would only buy a collectors edition of Professor Layton if it came with a top hat.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Some store gave out felt Layton hats as a pre-order bonus for one of the games, can't find a picture sadly.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message

Some store gave out felt Layton hats as a pre-order bonus for one of the games, can't find a picture sadly.

I'm pretty pissed off I missed out on that.

If anyone knows where to get a Diablo 3 collector's ed then let me know the location, opening times and also the make of their alarm system via PM. Thanks.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message

I'm pretty pissed off I missed out on that.

There aren't any on at the moment but I kept seeing them on eBay at one point.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    i love the art book in dark souls le.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I think it's a shame that so many artbook are horrible cheap-feeling tat with stuff like character models from the game in them (looking at you Square Enix). They're not that hard to get right - concept art, reasonable production quality.

While I'm moaning - outer boxes. What happened to those? Dissidia and Crisis Core had nice thick, durable outer cases, now it's all flimsy rubbish with flaps that get damaged just from opening them. What's the point in having a collector's edition that's almost certainly going to get damaged in the post. I ASK YOU.
  • I still remember when I picked up the £50 edition of WoW: Burning Crusade, back in the day. I felt like such a nerd taking it home.

Really have no idea why I bought it from a shop in town. Should have ordered online.

Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    One of my favourite things is when you get a game guide that isn't some flimsy Prima shit. One of my favourite accoutrements is my Dark Souls hardback guide. The thing just ooooozzzeeessss class. 
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    i want that book...just cos its dark souls and a book!

• regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    IT'S STUNNING
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    I WANT IT!!

• My favourite limited edition is the American deluxe edition of Demon's Souls. Bought it on a whim from eBay for about £60 just before things really kicked off with the game's popularity. Has a lovely embossed box, strategy guide, cd etc. The strategy guide smells lovely and sometimes I get it out just to smell it.
    XBL DirtyAmpyNoakes; PSN Dampy64
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I have the special edition of Demon's Souls (UK) and it's pretty great too. much bigger box than Dark Souls. 
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    And it was £20 in Game. BOOSH. 
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Just realised I have silly LTD editions of Fallout 3 (lunchbox) and Driver San Fran (silly car statue) as well as limiteds of Xenoblade, Pandora's Tower and Last Story. What a pleb I am. 
  • I used to really go for limited editions, but these days... well, it's all tat, isn't it?

I do still quite like steelbooks though.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    put a pic of the american demon souls thing please beyonder?

• Don't think there's any way to post a pic via my phone.. Here's some pics (not of my copy):

http://photobucket.com/images/demons souls deluxe edition/?src=wap
‹ Previous1234

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!