PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Sultry Brunette Babe - all services.

Yeah hi there, there's a blockage in me kitchen luv, got gunk pooling on my lino... nah, not a euphemism... yeah I spose I am a naughty boy sometimes...
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Arrives, puffs out cheeks, exhales and shakes head.  "What cowgirl installed this?"
  • Forgot Konami made loads of NES games too. I think I'll give Bucky O'Hare a go tonight, seen plenty of recommendations for it online. Lone Ranger looks quite good too, never heard of it but it sounds interesting: http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/loneranger/loneranger.htm .
  • Bucky 'o Hare seems worthy of the praise.  I've played a few levels now, it's all very solid for a NES game, plenty of niceties going on with the visuals.  Each stage unlocks a new character, which you can use to overcome certain obstacles in subsequent areas - Megaman and Psycho Fox spring to mind.  You can choose which order you tackles things in too, so much like Megaman I'm sure there's an optimal route.  Very good.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Konami on NES means Probotector and Gradius. Cranked up serious hours on those two.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • My dwindling Konami collection:

NES 19 games:
    Ki5JMMN.jpg

SNES 10 (2 on VC) games:
    3jcnqg6.jpg
    ORBv3Wq.jpg

N64 2 games:
    7DAGzZ8.jpg

Wii 3 games:
    8FudeoC.jpg

3DS 1 game:
    AUNv3Zo.jpg

PC Engine 1 game (VC):
    CvQbZOj.jpg

PSone 5 (1 on PSN) games:
    WF5x43F.jpg
    3dfZwmK.jpg

PS2 2 games:
    hsSTnsf.jpg

PS3 4 games:
    qbAIrEz.jpg
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • No Goemon on N64?
    No Silent Hill on PSOne or ps2?
    No Suikoden?
    No MGS2 or 3 on PS2???

Poor show.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Wait... No Castlevania on ps1 or ps2?????
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    No Goemon on N64? No Silent Hill on PSOne or ps2? No Suikoden? No MGS2 or 3 on PS2??? Poor show.

Would like Goemon on N64, especially 2.

Not a massive Silent Hill fan, always preferred Resident Evil.

Not a big RPG fan hence no Suikoden.

Had MSG 2 and 3 but sold them and got the PS3 HD collection.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Wait... No Castlevania on ps1 or ps2?????

Not a fan of the Metroidvania style of CV games hence no SotN or subsequent Nintendo handheld efforts.

Had both PS2 games but never really clicked with them. In fact I had every CV game (released in the UK at least) right up until the PS2 games.

Had loads of other Konami games over the years such as Hybrid Heaven, various versions of PES and plenty of Game Boy and Mega Drive games. Had a big clear out years back, space became a issue.

This collection goes to show how old skool I am in a way. Look at how many Konami games I had in that NES music quiz. The PS2 gen was when I started playing less, adulthood etc.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Haven't thought about my collection in that way.....a list me do beckons.

SNES: Cybernator, Buster Busts Loose, Prince of Persia, Pop n Twinbee, Pop n Twinbee Rainbow Bell Adventures, ISS Deluxe, Legend of Mystical Ninja, Parodius, Super Probotector, Castlevania IV, Whizz
    PS1: Bishi Bashi Special , Castlevania : SOTN & Chronicles, Gradius Gaiden, International Track&Field,Metal Gear Solid, MGS:Special Missions,
    Saturn : Parodius Deluxe Pack, Oshaberi Parodius, Sexy Parodius, Gradius Deluxe Pack, Salamander Deluxe Pack, Whizz
    N64 : Hybrid Heaven, Mystical Ninja 2, Nagano Winter Olympics (crap), 
    PS2: International Track & Field, Gradius III&IV MGS2, MGS3, Neo Contra
    DC : Deadly Skies, Silent Scope

Thought there would have been more I have to admit. Have Gradius V but isn't that a Treasure game?
  • Lovely collection Retro, all look in great condition especially those Wii ones ;)
    I'm going to have to go all Dreamcast on you early next week.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • davyK wrote:
    Have Gradius V but isn't that a Treasure game?

Yes, but but going by dev only, Cybernator is not a Konami game either. Prince of Persia neither, I think.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Forgot about Cybernator. Thought PoP was a Konami game though - it was Arsys who I never heard of - seems they worked on Gran Turismo. Whizz was developed by Flair.

If we allow published stuff then I suppose Zombies is another one.
  • davyK wrote:
    N64:Mystical Ninja 2
    Whats this like? Really wanna pick it up.
    davyK wrote:
    PS1: Bishi Bashi Special
    Damn it, forgot I had this on PSN. My OCD means I'll have to add it* to my OP along with CV on 3DS.
    davyK wrote:
    Have Gradius V but isn't that a Treasure game?
    Yeah but then again all the Wiiware games are M2 and PS3 CV is Mercury Steam, but how far do we go with this? There's Zeldas and Metroids not made by Nintendo, IMO if its got Konami on the box its in! Come to think of it do Konami even make games anymore? Outside of Kojima productions (essentially it's own thing anyway) and PES I honestly can't think of any, sad times.
    Eric wrote:
    Lovely collection Retro, all look in great condition especially those Wii ones ;) I'm going to have to go all Dreamcast on you early next week.
    Do it! Would love to see it, I was gonna post my SNES collection up in the retro thread, do it there.

*done!
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I didn't realise Bishi Bashi is a Konami game.

I probably only own: Konami Krazy Racers, a Castlevania twin pack, Contra Advance,  Gradius Galaxies and Ninja Cop, all GBA.  Plus the unfortunately not very good Treasure Tiny Toons game, assuming that was published by them.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    N64:Mystical Ninja 2
    Whats this like? Really wanna pick it up.

I really like it. It's a return to the SNES games with roam around bits interspersed with linear left to right sections. It's pretty tough though - really old school tough in places. It's got really nice fake 3D sections and there's first person giant robot fights. Think it's pretty rare and might cost a bit nowadays. This bit took me ages...

Really enjoyed the WiiWare stuff - though I've only completed the Gradius one. Got to the final boss of Castlevania. Loved the Contra one but it was pretty tough - can't remember how far I got what that - was just after the giant camel/llama and train section.
  • Sounds perfect to me, will definitely keep an eye out for that, thanks.

Yeah those Rebirth games really are superb and shockingly unknown by most. Funnily enough the Gradius one is the only one of the 3 I haven't completed, the lack of a 2 player co-op option really hurt it imo. The CV and Contra ones are nigh on perfect for what they are though.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Played 45 mins of Legend of Mystical Ninja yesterday. The side scrolling levels are particularly good. The whole thing has that typically SNES solidity to it, I would've been all over this as an early teen. Emulation isn't perfect but it's good enough for me to plan on returning to my most recent save state.

Gonna do Sparkster next though. As far as I'm aware, the MD and SNES version were different, TNMT style. Has anyone played both, or failing that, is anyone aware of which game is considered the better of the two? I'm not expecting anything to rival the original, which is bobbing just outside of the top ten 16-bit games ever for me, but I've been meaning to play one or both (or all three, if you count the recent one) sequels for ages.
  • The general consensus is that the SNES one is slower paced and more faithful to RKA and the MD one is more action oriented. Neither are as good as RKA apparently.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Ta. Not simply because SEGA, but I'll probably pick the MD one because in all likelihood the emulation will be more faithful on my handheld.
  • Dragon's Fury is over in the Moot house.  38m on the first ball apparently, and the JXD crashed (second time it's happened when she was on for a top score).  "Fuck that shit I'm never doing that again", and straight off to bed.  Uncharacteristically fuming.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Oh dear. 

Are you taking odds for her going back to it? You know how it is - get really fucked off at something - and then after a wee while its tendrils start reaching into your conscious thoughts again.......
  • The odds would be good if she'd been on it a lot recently, but tonight was a comeback session of sorts, she hasn't asked for the game to be set up for at least two weeks.  She saw me playing Klax at the weekend, I reckon she'll switch to that.
  • Anyone got any ideas for a game/developer/genre/whatever for the next few weeks?  Will probably go through some Kirby games if no-one puts their hand up, but I'm up for putting a shift into most things tbh.  Open to suggestions.
  • I'm still playing Mystical Ninja.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Will give it a score and a paragraph when I'm done. Not gonna bother with my Metroid II, Sonic 3 or R.C. Pro Am lengths of effort now though, they take too long.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I'm planning on running through a few more old games in the coming weeks, been letting it slip a bit recently as I've found plenty of modern games to enjoy.  Thought we could chuck a few suggestions at Elf while I'm at it, which might prompt people to pick up a pad along the way. 

Any Megadrive recommendations for him?  He's a SNES man at heart, but there must be plenty of Megadrive games he'd love dearly if he'd played them in the early 90s.  Which ones might appeal to him without the rose specs?  Did the MD have any RPGs to rival the big hitters on the SNES?  Would a hidden gem or two tickle his fancy?  Can we get him to play Streets of Rage 2 and write a scathing review?  And the burning question: are even the classic style Sonic games genuinely shit these days if you weren't wearing Fruit of the Loom jumpers on Sonic 2sday?
  • Fuck Sonic.

I'd like to try:

SoR2 and Landstalker
    Treasure games
    Story of Thor
    Phantasy Star 4
    Shining Force
    Etc

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!