BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    counter-strike-global-offensive-cs-.jpg

Does exactly what it says on the tin.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • I have it installed - I've not touched it yet as I'm scared.

I was a very poor-to-average player back in 2001-2002. I'm scared to even entertain how bad I am today.

I will load it up though.

Add me to steam people:

deanplayd
  • What is this on? pc?
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    360, PS3 and Steam (Mac and Windows, presumably).
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    google wrote:
    I have it installed - I've not touched it yet as I'm scared.

I have it on 360, it seems to be 50% old school CS players and 50% complete newbies, like me.

Well, I played CS 1.6 and Source for about an hour each at a LAN party, once.
  • I played CS from the first beta all the way up to Source and couldn't kill anyone in 10 mins on 360 before I quit in a rage.
  • My PC is shit so playing on xbox, it's surprisingly fun with a controller.

Only thing is you'll need a headset to communicate because (as far as I can tell) there are no radio commands on the console versions. Rather annoyed by that as 'need backup' 'negative' 'go go go' etc being spammed constantly is a quintessential part of the CS experience for me.

I can imagine it being more of a problem on the PS3 version as not as many people will have headsets.

Graphics are average, it's only 5v5 and 30fps. The gameplay is still the daddy though.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    What did you expect Dan? Everyone knows console players are better than claw handed PC freaks.
  • I'd never play another game again if I was killed by someone using a 360/PS3 pad while I was using wasd/mouse.
  • How do the controls feel on console?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Is this cross platform multi player?
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    TheDJR wrote:
    I'd never play another game again if I was killed by someone using a 360/PS3 pad while I was using wasd/mouse.

Come play some Battlefield 3 with me ;)
  • Is this cross platform multi player?
    No, they dropped that idea a while ago.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    google wrote:
    How do the controls feel on console?

Pretty spot on, to be honest. They're very different to the CoD or Halo layouts that most games go with, though, so can be initially quite confusing. Once I got my head around the changes I haven't had any problems.

Had my first game last night where I went positive. Was a top feeling.
  • You can use keyboard and mouse on PS3, as well as Move apparently (although I imagine the latter is an exercise in frustration)
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Assuming I'm not the only one that hears this

whenever they read the game name.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Still toying with the idea of getting this. I do like it, quite a lot. But my friend list has few playing and it needs a squad of 4 talking to bring out the best of it.

I had a few decent games with randoms talking, but they were just running about like headless chickens getting killed.
  • I might get this today. Thing is I'm not that interested in playing online with randoms anymore, would definitely grab it if we could get a full team of forumites playing.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Had a great couple of games with paul the sparky and Wookie. Totally dominated the team we played against in Classic Competitive, winning 16-1. This game feels magic when you get in the groove.

Arms Race is also tons of fun.

I also discovered (in the 360 version, at least) that the walk button is by default unassigned; I stuck it on left-stick and can now move slower but still stood upright, which is super useful. Much better than when I initially unlocked the full game and all the buttons got unassigned - I spent a couple of rounds wondering why I could only move and look! I also swapped jump and select equipment, so I have jump on the left bumper, which is better for mobility than trying to jump and having to let go of the right stick.
  • K, I have this.  I suck just as much as I did when I was a yout.  Still though, fuck me the game is so/still bloody pure.

Edit: That said the last 20 mins, its struggled to find me a match & when i does, it does not want to load it.  Then I am greeted with a disconnect message, a whiff of TF2 probs in the background atm.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    Had a great couple of games with paul the sparky and Wookie. Totally dominated the team we played against in Classic Competitive, winning 16-1. This game feels magic when you get in the groove.
    That was my first ever game of Counter Strike. We absolutely pummelled them there, it was almost 16-0 but the last guy got me after I planted the bomb even though I saw him first.

I think I must have had a lag advantage as 20 odd kills for 3 deaths is a bit fishy. I liked the one life per round set up though, and the way you buy equipment at the start of rounds.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    cindemon wrote:
    Still though, fuck me the game is so/still bloody pure.

This is whats tempting me. It was nice to go back to basics. Fuck it, I've got the points I'm jumping in.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    That was my first ever game of Counter Strike. We absolutely pummelled them there, it was almost 16-0 but the last guy got me after I planted the bomb even though I saw him first. I think I must have had a lag advantage as 20 odd kills for 3 deaths is a bit fishy. I liked the one life per round set up though, and the way you buy equipment at the start of rounds.

We did pretty damn well for a first game! I've only got a handful under my belt.

That guy that got you probably pulled off a cheeky headshot. Still, tense stuff. I don't think the other team even got to the bomb planting stage of the game!
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    They planted once, but I diffused it at the last second like a full blown hero. When I was diffusing it, the meter said 'Diffusing without kit' or something. Is that something you buy at the start?

I liked the basic approach to it, stuff like flash bangs really come into their own with a set up like this.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Yeh you can buy wire cutters to speed it up.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I'm faster with my teeth in real life.

So you're getting it then Frantic? I'm still worried about the lag.
  • I'm not sure I could play this with a pad. There was something so very clinincal and mechanical about CS with a keyboard and mouse - I'm not sure It would be replicated on the pad.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I'm faster with my teeth in real life. So you're getting it then Frantic? I'm still worried about the lag.

I'm tempted as I have the points and nothing else to spend them on. Basically, they're burning a hole in my virtual pocket. I liked the demo. Fuck it, it's only a tenner.
  • Hm, I'll get it if enough people buy.
  • I'm downloading the trial as we speak. Anyone want a blast tonight?
  • Jesus wept, I was out after my laggy experience but you friggers are pulling me in again. Knew it was a mistake coming in here.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
‹ Previous123456710

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!