Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Hmmm, not sure about this...

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/357897/f1-race-stars-first-trailer-screens-and-details/
    Codemasters has announced F1 Race Stars, a Mario Kart-style arcade racer staring caricatured F1 drivers and over the top tracks.  Set to arrive this November on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC, Race Stars is in production at Codemasters Racing Studios in Birmingham and is described as "a fast-to-the-fun arcade racing game for all ages featuring the official FORMULA ONE cars, teams and circuits as they've never been seen before."

The official blurb continues: "Players will jostle for position on every straight, hairpin, jump and loop-the-loop with chaotic racing and a range of power-ups for players to collect and deploy as they sprint for the chequered flag."

Drivers including Lewis Hamilton, Fernando Alonso and Sebastian Vettel have been transformed into "personality-packed heroes," says Codies, and you'll also recognise official F1 Championship circuits reimagined as "fantasy racing theme parks".

An extensive range of game modes are promised, including Championships, Time Trials, 4-player split-screen racing and online multiplayer for up to 12 players.

Chris Gray, senior producer said: "We're really excited to bring the whole cast of FORMULA ONE into a fun new world of racing. We've really let our Art and Design teams off the leash to bring F1 stars' personalities alive in a new way and create a game where racing fans of all ages can jump into all-action solo, split-screen and online multiplayer races.
    "It's the game we've wanted to create for a long time and, building on our strong relationship with Formula One Management Limited, we're now able to bring Codemasters' long-standing expertise in track design and AI to create a FORMULA ONE racing experience quite unlike any other."

Feature list:

FORMULA ONE STARS AS NEVER SEEN BEFORE! In F1 RACE STARS, the whole cast of FORMULA ONE stars become personality-packed, toonified heroes driving all-new F1 RACE STARS cars representing each team from the 2012 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP on a range of super-fast, feature-packed circuits. Codemasters Racing Studios has drawn upon its vast experience in track design and racing AI and let its game designers and artists off the leash to create a fresh new FORMULA ONE experience.

IT'S A FORMULA OF FUN FOR ALL - With instantly accessible pick-up-and-play gameplay, F1 RACE STARS will enable players of all ages and abilities to dive straight into position-swapping, wheel-to-wheel competition. With up to 4-players competing in split-screen multiplayer, head-to-head competition or coming together in teams, F1 RACE STARS is perfect for sharing the fun with friends and family. Up to 12 players can also race in online multiplayer and by signing up to RaceNet, the free online extension for Codemasters Racing games, players can track their races, rivals and rewards and join in regular F1 RACE STARS community events.

A NEW WORLD OF FORMULA ONE - Race circuits that take inspiration from the most exciting tracks from the 2012 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP will bring a new world of FORMULA ONE alive as each becomes a fantasy racing theme park featuring jumps, multiple-routes, shortcuts, and more. Gamers will negotiate Spa's iconic Eau Rouge with a range of power ups before taking on a death-defying loop-the-loop in Belgium, race across speeding bullet trains in Japan and hit the accelerator to leap the swimming pool at Monaco and much, much more.
    screenshot_286647_thumb_wide940.jpg

screenshot_286657_thumb_wide940.jpg

Will up a trailer when I can find one. Mario Kart sure has a lot to answer for though...
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    The faces on those avatars are freaking me out.
  • Laughably this has only just been announced and the paper had a 'review' in it today, giving it 4 out of 5.....
    I wonder what the fuck they based that on.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Which paper? This looks like that Disney racer.. Streetracer or something. Not seen the video but sounds gash if one if the features is that you can overtake people.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    The Sun.

It harped on about how it was exclusive and mentioned fuck all about gameplay or anything useful. It used the same picture above.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • Am I the only one into this? Codemaster doing MK - c'mon that's pretty exciting.

That screenshot looks ace too.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Sonic & Sega All-Stars' new one comes first for me, because SUMO.
  • It does seem nice on the eyes, it's hard to say pretty because that'd imply some attractive aesthetic principle, it's too crass, but it is nice on the eyes, like Blur is maybe
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Sonic & Sega All-Stars' new one comes first for me, because SUMO.

Zing (plus the first one was a lot of fun!)
  • Looks fun, suprised it's not been thought of before tbh. As long as I can be Kobyashi and ram Alonso off the track I'm in.
  • I quite like the concept, it seems fun. Karting is tough to get right though and Codies haven't been at the top of their game for years.
  • Olimite wrote:
    Sure was. If this game was downloadable, id give it a shot. Right now it's "wait until £20".
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Olimite wrote:
    Sure was. If this game was downloadable, id give it a shot. Right now it's "wait until £20".

£14.99 on Games on Demand fella.
  • In "this" I meant F1 Kiddy Kart 2012, already got the Sega one. Paid less than a tenner in work. Yahoo!
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    If it is anything like the screenshot then I'm day one with this...
  • Moto70 wrote:
    If it is anything like the screenshot then I'm day one with this...

Me too.

I love the idea of karting games, but they always seem to disappoint. When you think about how far other genres have come in the last decade or so, kart racers haven't really evolved much at all. Hopefully Codemasters will bring a little more depth to it.

Yes, I used the word 'genres' and I'm OK with that.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • i hope there's no 'weapons'.  i notice it mentions power-ups, but it would be nice if it was still primarily a 'racer', just a bit more fun and instant than a straight sim.
    like power ups could be F1 related, like kers charge, or a drs activation, or fresh tyres etc, so they'd still be artificial boosts but at the same time the whole thing would still involve some degree of driving...rather than everyone just pootling about getting rocket launchers and 'blue shells' and having the whole thing end up as pot luck...
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • If it's like super off road in it's playabilty it could be good.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    One for g.man.
  • R.I.P Codemasters
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    That's about 5 years too late.

I dunno, I don't object to this game, but I don't really see where kart racing game fans and F1 fans intersect.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    My mate took his 8 or 9 year old stepson to Silverstone and one other different race for the last few years. That's probably where it intersects.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    So, that's one sale in the bag.
  • Codies owning the F1 license and only managing to make a limited (and diminishing) amount of money every year from it is where it intersects. They're doing that top down browser game, after that Kart Racer is all that's left.

Could be fun at < £20, I can't see many people picking this up full price rather than NFS and Forza Horizon. Joy Ride is only 800 space points on the Live Marketplace if people are desperate for a Kart game.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    F1 online isn't bad actually, for a shitty browser game.
  • I agree Iain. As a spin off Kart Racer they should probably have had the balls to make it a multiplayer online only Download game.
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Joyride isn't really a kart racer, imo.

They took out the Kinect controls and left the Kinect handling.
  • Maybe that wasn't the best example..

Are kart racers more popular than arcade racers?

Certainly I felt a bit short changed by Dirt:Showdown which would've been an absolute riot as either a stand alone DL Multiplayer game or DLC for DiRT 3 without the 'career' mode.

Imagine if we'd all thrown in £15 day one to get a DL Showdown.. would've been classic friday night stuff.
  • Mario Kart is far more popular than most arcade racers, other kart games are even less popular.
  • Well we know Blur and Split/Second didn't work out.. We know RR:U didn't work out and that MS don't see the need for another PGR at the moment.. although I would kill for a PGR2 HD download release.
‹ Previous123

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!