Your Most Anticipated Games for 2024
‹ Previous123
  • So as yet another year of gaming beckons, what new releases are you most looking forward to in 2024?

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 tops my list. Pity they've done away with the silent protagonist and ditched their wonderfully janky X-ray engine for Unreal 5, but it does look gorgeous. To think GSC World have engineered another expedition to the The Zone against a backdrop of real-life devastation in Ukraine is a staggering achievement really.

Another big year for RPGs too. Dragons Dogma 2 looks like more of the same, but in a good way. Have high hopes that Crimson Desert might turn out to be good too. But it could so easily go the other way.

Light No Fire frankly looks incredible. All the ads that keep on popping up for it too kinda suggests that a 2024 release is on the cards.

Will 2024 belong to the big triple AAA hitters or will some unknown indie dev create something incredible and unforeseen?

YOU DECIDE!

It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Keen to see how this Sega stuff pans out.

Jeff Minter thing I'll pick up.

Hades 2 but I suspect it will be 2025 before it comes to console where I will play it.

Very torn on Star Wars Outlaws, I really want it to be interesting but after that Avatar game was pure Ubisoft it would be foolish to anticipate Outlaws being any different.

There is a remaster of Dark Forces that's probably worth a sale/sub download.

Thank Goodness You're Here looks absolutely brilliant so I'm all over that.

Things not out in 2024 that I'm looking forward hopefully seeing more of in 2024...
    GTA 6
    Turtles: The Last Ronin
    Switch 2
    Exodus
    Mass Effect 4

• EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    The following are potential day-one purchases for me:

Another Code: Recollection
    Persona 3 Reload
    Arzette: The Jewel of Faramore
    Mario vs. Donkey Kong
    Retro Game Challenge 1 + 2 Replay
    Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
    Princess Peach: Showtime!
    Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
    Llamasoft: The Jeff Minter Story
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • monkey wrote:
    Silksong

It's most anticipated of 2024, not 2025!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I just want the new Like A Dragon!
    Also new Sega remakes of Crazy Taxi and JSR will be day one purchases.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Nothing other than the Prince of Persia side-scroller and that’s only because some of the Rayman team were on dev duties.

Indies will as usual steal the show for me. AAA’s are (in the main) formulaic and over-long.
  • Ah yes that Prince of Persia one.

And all them Segas.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Blocks100 wrote:
    So as yet another year of gaming beckons, what new releases are you most looking forward to in 2024?

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 tops my list. Pity they've done away with the silent protagonist and ditched their wonderfully janky X-ray engine for Unreal 5, but it does look gorgeous. To think GSC World have engineered another expedition to the The Zone against a backdrop of real-life devastation in Ukraine is a staggering achievement really.

Another big year for RPGs too. Dragons Dogma 2 looks like more of the same, but in a good way. Have high hopes that Crimson Desert might turn out to be good too. But it could so easily go the other way.

Light No Fire frankly looks incredible. All the ads that keep on popping up for it too kinda suggests that a 2024 release is on the cards.

Will 2024 belong to the big triple AAA hitters or will some unknown indie dev create something incredible and unforeseen?

YOU DECIDE!

Much the same sort of things are tickling my fancy too. Crimson Desert looks too good to be true though, definitely keeping it at arms length before I allow the hype to get close.

I'm being bombarded by LNF ads too, YouTube is full of them. Looks great and I'm sure they will deliver on the promise this time, no fibs allowed.

Need to cast my eye over the release schedule for more to add
  • Yes to Prince of Persia and the Sega stuff.

Silksong, Mina the Hollower, The Plucky Squire, Thank Goodness You're Here, Pepper Grinder. Still waiting on Bushiden, Replaced and Mecha Ball on Game Pass too.

• I can’t think of anything off the top of my head.

Oh wait. Elden Ring DLC. February, right?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I'm looking forward to the Suicide Squad car crash.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Plucky Squire looks like something everyone needs to experience
  • Dragon's Dogma 2
    Plucky Squire
    Elden Ring DLC
    Rise of the Ronin 
    HELLDIVERS 2 
    Mewgenics and a bloody truckload of other indies. Will 90% be indies for me in 2024, again, I expect.
  • All of the Sega
    Xenotilt on console
  • Laika: Aged Through Blood is an imminent purchase too.
  • Xenotilt on console

• Just checked a list on teh inter webs of upcoming releases. Will be keeping an eye on:

Rise of the Ronin
    Black Myth: Wukong
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Switch 2 + new mainline 3D Mario launch title + F-Zero + batshit new IP to showcase the pointless new gimmick of the Switch 2
  • Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth will be taking up the first couple of months of the year for me. I'm replaying Remake in anticipation and really can't wait for it.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Football Manager 2025.

No, its not a bit. First game made in Unity, it should mark a massive departure from what we've got used to for near on 20 years. Given that SI are on to as near as a sure thing as is possible with FM, I'm excited that they wouldn't do this if it wasn't for the better.
  • I just want the new Like A Dragon! Also new Sega remakes of Crazy Taxi and JSR will be day one purchases.

I'm totally onboard with giving new Sega the benefit of the doubt. My gaming tends to be 15-30 minute windows when I get a chance these days so the idea of quick fun filled runs is right up my street

I am of course, preparing for disappointment.
    SFV - reddave360
  • FFVII, Rise of the Ronin, Pacific Drive, Nine Sols, Animal Well, Earthblade, Hyper Light Breaker, The Plucky Squire.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Crikey, quite the list coming, mostly an amalgamation of above posts -

Another Code: Recollection
    Apollo Justice Ace Attorney Trilogy
    Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth
    Tekken 8
    Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
    Mario Vs Donkey Kong
    Space Marine 2
    Baby Steps
    The Plucky Squire
    STALKER 2
    Clock Tower
    Contra: Operation Galuga
    Penny's Big Breakaway
    Simon the Sorcerer Origins
    Splatoon 3 SLC
    Thank Goodness You're Here

• Space Marine 2 is a good shout, that'll be gory lumpy fun
  • Baby Steps and Animal Well yes.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Space Marine 2 is a good shout, that'll be gory lumpy fun

The first was the definition of a "great" 7 out of 10. To pinch a line from a post on Eurogamer's reader's top 50 (in ref to RoboCop) - We need more games that excel this hard at being mid
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Contra: Operation Galuga
    I wish I was looking forward to this, but man, it don't look good.
  • Spidersaurs was absolute piss, so it's fair to say that the dry run went wrong. Still a maybe if they get it right though - apparently Contra 4 was a good'un, and that was them too.
‹ Previous123

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!