Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together
  • I picked up the re-re-remake on Switch last week and good heavens is this a change from my usual tactical experiences.

So far I have learnt that there is
    - No auto equip
    - No auto character optimisation
    - No team based turn mechanic

This puts it in a very different category of play style to those I am used to, such as into the breach and fire emblem.

Impressions are very good however.
    The music is excellent.
    The character portraits are drawn in a fantastic style not unlike my faint memory of Vagrant Story
    The boobs are normal
    So far there are no children who are really 1000 year old dragons and everyone has normal hair.

I've just had my arse kicked by a necromancer which is about five levels in, so it's definitely going to be a challenge and a new experience.

Anyone else getting stuck into it?

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Hello there
    The Forum Herald™
  • Hi
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • He doesn't post much these days but @Dogfingers seems to be enjoying it.
  • This game is kicking my arse. Getting into missions finding some of my characters haven't got good gear and hit for 1hp. 4/9 dead before the end and getting stuck in a cycle of revive, heal, die again.

There's a lot of things to equip so I assume I'm missing something simple here
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Still got this on my OG Vita. Didn’t get very far tbh.
  • Not likely to either.

Feel like I'm getting punked here. Four or five maps in and my squad hits for regularly less than half of what the enemies do. Even have some archers who do 1hp damage.

What a waste of time.
  • Are you crafting new gear? Ages since I played the psp version but I seem to remember that as something to be on top of.
  • No, and a search of modern guides tells me I need to do training as well.

I might just cool my jets here and see if I've missed more obvious things. Probably.

Definitely something that presentation wise is absolutely wonderful but dear me is there a steep learning curve I might struggle with. Something to come back to when I'm clearer in the noggin.
  • Hello there
    The Forum Herald™
  • Hi Bob. What's up?
  • Training battles and a bit better equipment seems to have set me in the general right direction. Getting some noticeable improvement now.
  • Just kicked the necromancer. My rune fencer who was doing 1hp damage is now doing 100+ and sometimes 150+

Nice to see that the equipping of skills and matching appropriate weapons is what was missing with my prior understanding, so I think I will be able to keep going now.

A good example of the benefit of taking the time to reset.
  • Hey, I’m very deep in this and it gets quite solid. It’s real good, totally appeases my permadeath strategy rpq appetite. There’s plenty to sink your teeth into and multiple paths through the game.

I didn’t manage to save any of the npcs in the first two chapters, and one battle I restarted about 8 or 9 times.
  • I'm finally done with chapter 1 and it's starting to make much more sense.

Now I only have a couple of characters I haven't managed to get very strong/useful and I'm not sure what to do about low cash reserves. In any case it's starting to get it's hooks in now.
  • Hello there
    The Forum Herald™
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Hi Bob. What’s up?
    Get schwifty.
  • Is bob ok?
  • Vela wrote:
    I'm finally done with chapter 1 and it's starting to make much more sense.

Now I only have a couple of characters I haven't managed to get very strong/useful and I'm not sure what to do about low cash reserves. In any case it's starting to get it's hooks in now.

I’m on chapter 4 and feel like there’s so much I’m missing. Multiple paths and side quests I’ve missed, recruitable characters are not joining me because apparently I’ve made some questionable decisions. What’s refreshing is there’s so little information on the internet available for this specific version. Still, really enjoying it.

• Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Vela wrote:
    Is bob ok?

I think it's just his "sense" of "humour"
  • Vela wrote:
    Is bob ok?

I think it's just his "sense" of "humour"

The force is strong in this one
    The Forum Herald™
  • Hi Bob. I have dragons now.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!