Have At You! [Chivalry II]
‹ Previous12
  • Making a thread because I don't very often and fancied doing so.

Will have a stab at flesh (wound) ing this out later, just stubbing for now.

Done the tutorial and a first team battle so far - looking forward to getting stuck in some more.

• Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I saw a guy get both arms chopped off and he still tried to headbutt his opponent to death
  • Looks a laugh.
    How does it play in comparison to For Honour? Obviously scale is much bigger.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Looks a laugh. How does it play in comparison to For Honour? Obviously scale is much bigger.

I didn't play much of FH at all tbh and what I did was time ago, but this seems much more casual and hectic. Controls seemed overwhelming when I did my usual before-playing-look-at-controller-map, but after going through tutorial it was pretty straight forward: horizontal, vertical, stab attacks that prio against each other as you'd expect. Block button that has a guard-break meter, parry and counters for higher skill ceiling, dodge.

I've only played one game that must've been bots as I was wrecking, but when it started it was everyone leg it towards each other and hack away. Things got more tactical later on.

There's a fair bit of movement and awareness skill to develop I think - swinging your weapon and moving your camera in the right direction hits the enemy earlier, for example.

Has your usual team battle, 1-v-1, objective gametypes.
  • Thanks Nick.
    Yeah I didnt play much For Honour either but more arcadey sounds good to me.

Im watching a bit on Twitch and it looks fun at least for a bit.
    Might get on the hype train for this before everyone gets too leet.

I'll run the tutorial first.
  • I like it, it's loads of fun. It controls really well and its different you know. Well worth spending a few hours with it to see if its your thing.
  • yeah it's a good laugh. only briefly dabbled with this new one, but used to play the original back on pc and it's similar enough. Much more fun and arcadey than For Honor, which i bounced off having went into it hoping for something like chivalry with more single player story focus.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • This is ridiculous fun
  • This looks like a larf
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Had a go earlier, seems like a good laugh. So far it's the right balance of ultraviolence and irreverent humour. If it took itself too seriously I don't think I'd like it as much.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • When I was watching on Twitch earlier it was full of bell ends moaning about balancing and shit.
    How do you balance chaos?

Losers will ruin it eventually but it's fun for now.
  • I like that you can hide in a toilet on one map.
  • I saw a guy get both arms chopped off and he still tried to headbutt his opponent to death

Enjoyed the inevitable “get into a catapult” play
  • It's brilliant fun
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Never heard of this before, but that trailer in the OP makes it look like an absolute laugh riot.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I don't know if it's every game type but at least a few all players started as just regular folk.

One I had a pitch fork which was fairly handy.
    The other it all kicked off at some kind of fete and I'm pretty sure I had a chicken drumstick, I didn't live long.

There were also fishes that could be picked up and thrown.
  • I saw someone getting bottled earlier.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    I don't know if it's every game type but at least a few all players started as just regular folk.

One I had a pitch fork which was fairly handy.
    The other it all kicked off at some kind of fete and I'm pretty sure I had a chicken drumstick, I didn't live long.

There were also fishes that could be picked up and thrown.

Aye, you start as a peasant in the fields on one. Bonked a few with a pickaxe or something before getting slaughtered. It's going for a story as the rounds progress in a kind of Rush mode from Battlefield.

I like grabbing the pigs in one round, you get a super sharp 4k texture of a pig's arsehole as you carry it back to your ship
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Gremill wrote:
    I saw someone getting bottled earlier.

You can pick up the amputated appendages and lob them at people, including heads. Nuts game
  • I just
    Spoiler:
    by pressing both bumper buttons.
  • I saw a guy get both arms chopped off and he still tried to headbutt his opponent to death

https://youtu.be/sHpMJJP7v_s
  • This seems fun. There is a lot to take in though! I chose the red and black team after tutorial no idea if makes much of a difference?
  • Hmmm actually it's quite annoying being constant stabbed in the back by own team (accidentally) and every time you fight a real player there is 3 of them versus 1 of you. Guess i was just unlucky with my teams
  • Yeah I need to practice some 1v1 I think to get the mechanics down more, struggling to break people's block as I can't really remember the details of the party/counters.

Still, it's fun just having a big ruck, not really excelling atm and most of my kills are from twatting someone in the back.
  • I don't think I'll be aiming to git gud on this, it's too chaotic.
    I'll just be dipping in for mayhem.
  • Like I have ever got any good at any game ever lol.
  • yeah, getting good at this almost goes against the point IMO! :) every time i've played it's just a case of wade into the ruck and start smashing people, hopefully you'll chop off someone's head before someone does it to you!
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • This is the way.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    nick_md wrote:
    Yeah I need to practice some 1v1 I think to get the mechanics down more, struggling to break people's block as I can't really remember the details of the party/counters.

Still, it's fun just having a big ruck, not really excelling atm and most of my kills are from twatting someone in the back.

Kick em
  • Been kicking aye but it doesn't seem to help me much. Will get more practice in.
  • In terms of getting gud i've just found i have spent 46 days of my life playing Warzone (call of duty) jesus fucking christ.
‹ Previous12

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!