Line of Duty (series 6 starting Sunday 21 March 2021) - discussion and spoilers.
‹ Previous12345678
  • easy-bend-2p-2-500x500.jpg

The only thing that Ted is interested in! 

(sorry davy - your sacrifice is for our enjoyment)

Recaps:
    Series 1 - Tony Gates
    Spoiler:

Series 2 - Lindsay Denton

Spoiler:

Series 3 - Danny Waldron
    Spoiler:

Series 4 - Roz Huntley
    Spoiler:

Season 5 - balaclava man

Spoiler:

• I'm interested in a nice tuppence or four tbf.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Series 6 — Infinite Power of the Plod

Spoiler:
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Lovely OP and I’m now ready for season 6.
  • I need to finish season five is it still on iPlayer?
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • I don't think Ted will turn out a proper bent copper. I think he's made some bad choices in his years on the force but not actively a bad un
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • All his diligent, difficult work over the years has just been because he has SINS TO ATONE FOR.
  • MattyJ wrote:
    I don't think Ted will turn out a proper bent copper. I think he's made some bad choices in his years on the force but not actively a bad un

That’s the moral of the show though. The initially innocuous lie or the flub needs to be convered by increasingly egregious fuck ups.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I’ve decided I’m knocking off points from the OP for its lack of mention of Kate’s excellent undercover work. Especially seasons 2 and 3. Sort it out son!
  • I think I played this back on the 360.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Mother of God - I speak like Ted.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • The bloke that plays Arnott does a cracking accent considering he's... Scottish (I think)
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Loved the first 4 series and despite being a huge fan of Stephen Graham, I thought the last series was abit cack. Anyone else feel the last series was abit disappointing?
  • Yeah, but at this point I’m sticking with it anyway. The new one’s meant to be the final series, isn’t it?
  • I was also a little bit disappointed with series 5. Series 2-4 were the peak of where they’d figured out the best bits and with the best internal stories.

I do hope this is the last series. I’m always hoping for series to end.

For me I think they wanted to generate a grand conspiracy but had to work with the TV show that they filmed so you get things like - balaclava man becoming a criminal mastermind or that re edited footage of a dying dot cottan making repeated hand signals (they’ve clearly just looped a shorter piece of footage)
  • S5 was the weakest but it wasn't cack imo. Much like The Wire.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Cupatay wrote:
    Loved the first 4 series and despite being a huge fan of Stephen Graham, I thought the last series was abit cack. Anyone else feel the last series was abit disappointing?

I think the problem was they spent far too lint on the H bit. Is he? Isn’t he? Let’s bluff double bluff all that stuff. It was a bit too nod nod wink wink compared to the subtlety of previous seasons. Still not cack though.
  • S5 felt like it went a touch too far whilst the others maintained some level of realism. I also think it went in too deep on becoming fan service. Some of the more preposterous stuff and the constant red herrings felt like they’d been written to appease the fan boards rather than offer any depth to the narrative. I still watched it all happily though and I generally enjoyed it. Adrian Dunbar (perhaps sp there?) is also dangerously close to taking Ted into parody levels of performance and, in the last season, was the weakest link of the main 3. That pains me to write as I’d have rather liked him to be the father figure missing from my life after his S1-4 stint.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Cupatay wrote:
    Loved the first 4 series and despite being a huge fan of Stephen Graham, I thought the last series was abit cack. Anyone else feel the last series was abit disappointing?

I think the problem was they spent far too lint on the H bit. Is he? Isn’t he? Let’s bluff double bluff all that stuff. It was a bit too nod nod wink wink compared to the subtlety of previous seasons. Still not cack though.

Yeah not so much cack I guess but more a bit disappointing. Agree with everything above, I realy enjoyed the tense interrogation scenes in the early series and the way they were spread out in light of how and when fresh evidence came about. They gave the show a uniqueness for me. In s5 they didn't have many of those scenes until the final episode where it was almost entirely sat in an office interrogating Hastings which was a little much to put all in one episode I think. Still high hopes for 6.

• Season 1-4 were brilliant TV. 5 was fine. But a long way from the heights.
    GT: Knight640
  • Thanks for the recaps crayon. I’m currently bingeing my way through s3, making the most of my last two “w”fh days.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    S5 was the weakest but it wasn't cack imo. Much like The Wire.

This.
  • S3 Ep.6. Argh! So stressful.
  • Well that was a rollercoaster! Think I need a break before attempting s4.
  • Have a beer man you’ll need it!
  • The Daddy wrote:
    Well that was a rollercoaster! Think I need a break before attempting s4.

Season 3 was just the best TV.
  • I’m still exhausted from it. What a finale.
  • One day to go!

I’ll not venture in here until Monday but chat away!
  • This thing is everywhere, even a discussion on Radio 4. Never even heard of it before then.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • It’s grown a lot from being BBC2 to BBC1. It’s a police show which feels unique and has some of the most fun combative and deductive interviews on TV.
‹ Previous12345678

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!