Splinter Cell Blacklist
‹ Previous12

• This does look like an incremental improvement on Conviction. That is no bad thing in my books.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Never tried Conviction, and it's like £14.99 on Games on Demand.  Worth a pop?
  • I reckon. Went back to it a couple of weeks ago. It's not perfect, but it's very very solid. Nice little campaign, plays out like a dumb action flick, you are much more empowered than you used to be, and it's not slow stealth, it's bam bam. The above vid really is conviction 1.5.

Plus the co-op is awesome!
  • I might give it a crack.
  • Conviction is wicked. Especially the 'deniable ops' extra bits. Plus if anyone wants to go through the co-op, PLEASE JOIN ME. I still cannot find a soul in Australia who wants to play it with me. Well, that's not quite true, I found one guy and tried to arrange a play time with him but he texted me back saying he could only play for an hour after school because he had to go to bed early. This episode is constantly brought up by my girlfriend at dinner parties. You can imagine, I'm sure.

Still, Conviction. Do it.
  • Jem wrote:
    Conviction is wicked. Especially the 'deniable ops' extra bits. Plus if anyone wants to go through the co-op, PLEASE JOIN ME. I still cannot find a soul in Australia who wants to play it with me. Well, that's not quite true, I found one guy and tried to arrange a play time with him but he texted me back saying he could only play for an hour after school because he had to go to bed early. This episode is constantly brought up by my girlfriend at dinner parties. You can imagine, I'm sure. Still, Conviction. Do it.

Yes PLEASE !! but it could be difficult and I don't have to go bed early  , got the cheap dlc the other week 

Really enjoyed conviction but wish it had more stealth , ghost recons got more
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • This looked pretty interesting, I liked how smooth and flowing he was (although I'm guessing that was just to show of the game engine). It looked nice and I liked the general set-up of the level.

I was slightly disappointed by Conviction as I do prefer the more slower-paced stealth in Splinter Cell, I'm hoping this game will give you more of an approach as to how you play.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • @Jem, holler at me. I'm not really constant dark souls these days.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    At the risk of being labelled a faggot/at/ort/ert, I found the trailer slightly disturbing, all that slashy/stabby/splattery stuff's not for me.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    At last, it now looks like there are some games on the horizon that I actually want to play.
  • Birdorf wrote:
    At the risk of being labelled a faggot/at/ort/ert, I found the trailer slightly disturbing, all that slashy/stabby/splattery stuff's not for me.

Woah, you're gonna struggle to find a new game to play then. This was tame compared to the Last of us gameplay. Of course if you stick to Halo or Star wars, then all the blood is purple and green and orange, so it's all good.
  • I wish there was a new Splinter Cell game coming out.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Frosty wrote:
    I wish there was a new Splinter Cell game coming out.

The new MGS looks good, eh?
  • It does look promising, more in line with what I hoped they'd do, merging the old and new together. Hopefully the all out action of this video is just the usual E3 crap, lacking in finesse, assuring all the morons it's a competent murder sim. There is evidence in there that it's incorporating stealth into the fast moving gameplay, nice to see the material cutting mechanic from Chaos Theory is back for example. I mean it's not hard, just give us a new Chaos Theory where there's a seamless balance between stealth and action, everyone is happy.

Lastly it's great they've gone back to him, ya know, actually being a "Splinter Cell", rather than the Jack Beauer clone of 'Conviction'. Fucking tired of revenge plots.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Conviction was dull, short and uninspired. I called it as much on the Edge forum and one of the staff called me a troll. So fuck Splinter Cell.
  • I loved Conviction, played out like a fun action movie and very much Stealth by force and aggression.
    Also the co-op was fantastic fun, spent 2 afternoons playing through this with Tempy and had a great laugh. 

Very much looking forward to this.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Conviction was the game everyone keeps telling me Arkham Asylum was but I could never find. The hunter/hunter thing writ large with sneaking as a killing mechanic.
  • I posted this in the E3 thread too but I want to moan again. This game looks alright. But like Conviction it is no longer Splinter Cell. Its a mix of everything. No harm in mixing it up/reinventing but surely the premise of stealth has to always remain at SC's core?

Almost every game from E3 was guilty of this. No originality.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Hate to say it but I think stealth has had its moment in the sun. There's only so many times you can crouching in a corner watching guard routes.

The new Hitman game seems to be flying the stealth flag high still.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2012-hitman-absolution/730729
  • Surely there are only so many times I can shoot someone in a face and watch a scripted sequence too?

Its never going to happen but I would love for the next generation to focus more on AI. Truly diverse gameplay. Thats where the excitment lays for me. Hence my unexcitement.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Conviction was dull, short and uninspired.

You beautiful man you. I played it for an hour then gave it away, the same day I paid a tenner for it.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    U and ME DS INTO THE SUN
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    "Climb a drainpipe!"

"No, fuck off I'm getting drunk instead"
  • three1ne wrote:
    Almost every game from E3 was guilty of this. No originality.

This. Everything looks the bloody same.
    three1ne wrote:
    I would love for the next generation to focus more on AI. Truly diverse gameplay.

And this.

I'll add animation too.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Wander wrote:
    I'll add animation too.
    This is one area that has seen some massive improvement lately.

Max Payne 3 is especially good, even in MP it is excellent from climbing over things to simply reloading. A definite 10/10 for R*...
  • Yeah they've been impressing for a long time now. It's the attention to detail that shines, that's what convinces when bringing something to life. Ico and Yorda's struggle when climbing for example.
  • I quite fancy this.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    So does I!

Like I said in other threads this as been a good E3 for me, I only really had GTA V on my pre-order list and now I've got loads...
  • I played the first three on oldbox and kind of lost lost interest this gen, but this actually looks pretty smart. It looks like a very slick cross between Pandora Tomorrow and MGS4.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • The extra pace to his movement improves the stealth side of things, IMO. Certainly in Conviction, you could really zip around quickly. And with the marking option, you could really plan ahead.

You could wipe whole areas out, but I think there was enough sneaky senaky to be going on with. Plus the sneaky sneaky to get into position, then 4 enemy insta wipeout, then relax, then clear next area kind of pace was excellent.

• Facewon wrote:
    @Jem, holler at me. I'm not really constant dark souls these days.

Sure thing. Are we still xbox buddies? I think we used to be... (walks off, crying)

And the sneaky sneaky in Deniable Ops is great. Get through the environment killing 12 enemies without detection or another 12 come along to mess up your day. It's pretty tense stuff especially on realistic - and anyone who was disappointed with the main game should have a crack at it.
‹ Previous12

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!