What do you miss most about the weekend?
‹ Previous12
  • What do you miss most about the weekend now? Is it the sunday morning 11 a side games? Or friday night pub session? Or popping down town on a Saturday morning grabbing a coffee and watch the world go by?

What do most badgers do on a normal weekend (playing games excluded as thats obvious)
  • I miss 3pm saturday radio with the football news as goals go in.

Going to town and grabbing a coffee while little one has a snooze in pushchair.

That saturday feeling. When you know its the weekend.

Getting up early on a saturday to make the most of the day.

F1 on a sunday afternoon. One of the few times im left in peace and quiet to watch some tv.

Motd on Saturday nights (im a sports orientated person)

Friday evenings knowing there is no work for two days.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    1 A. Bob.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Well that's a very long winded way to call me a slag, a PM would've sufficed ;p
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Ps. I re purposed this thread from a crap one i came up with. Hence muzzy and cock replies make no sense.
  • Bumping my own thread.
  • The wife going out with the kids.
  • I miss the liveliness, especially now that the sun is become more prominent.

Its the simple meet ups I miss as well. Both my friends and work colleagues social circles have been reduced drastically and while I cant say I was super close with all, I did like to touch base with everyone. 

I miss the buzz of work at the weekend. Yes, restaurants can be an awful fucker but if everyone is more or less in the mood to work, the business can be a great adrenaline rush. There's always something about making someone's night be it through the food or the service (or both) Its a great feeling as a manager when the team comes together and everyone wins - waiters get good tips, Chefs have a busy but controlled night, Guests have a great time and sales are up.

Mostly, I miss Sunday. As in the proper sunday. Having a day where you might just veg around the house is less appealing know that there isn't a week of school, work and all the other stuff that keeps us on our feet to unwind from. There is still stress, still work but being stuck in the same spot every day since March 12th (I was due to go on holidays on that date) has taken a good bit of the Sunday joy.
    SFV - reddave360
  • The wife going out with the kids.

This. So much this.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I miss being able to sit outside at a bar and have a nice cold beer with olives or some other nibble. I can do it at home but it's not the same.
  • I miss being able to go training and punch my mates in the ring. Now if I punch someone I've either got alot of paperwork and possible investigations to deal with or risk being arrested.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I miss the gym.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Punching someone in the ring seems awkward. Kick, surely.
  • Rambling pub crawls. Annoying people with jukebox selections whilst on rambling pub crawls.

Football, dear god how I miss the football. *sobs*
  • I miss that the weekend meant something.
    Life is so relentlessly samey right now.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    I miss that the weekend meant something.

I've tried to make sure I disconnect from work at the weekend. It's all to easy to let it creep in an then everyday becomes a work day.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Yeah, that really. The stuff I do on Saturdays is now the stuff I do during the week when not working.

Sometimes I'd only go out to a cafe or something, but it broke up the endless routine.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I miss ambling up and down Leith Walk and going into the Chinese / Indian / Polish supermarkets for food ideas.
  • LivDiv wrote:

I've tried to make sure I disconnect from work at the weekend. It's all to easy to let it creep in an then everyday becomes a work day.

I dont have any work but yeah there is a bit of that with trying to do training and portfolio stuff. I've decided that as of tomorrow I'm going to whip myself into a bit of a routine again. It's all gone to shit here.
  • I wish the weekend existed for me.
  • Pint after work with pub peanuts
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • Going to the shops and having a lunch.
  • Actually one thing I miss is that I started to get into a routine of going to my parent's place on Sundays.
    A big walk with the dogs and a family meal are very much missed.
    My dog is definitely missing being able to run around their garden with their dogs. It's like that one day a week burnt off all the excess energy and now he is accumulating energy credit.
    I am sure those with young kids can relate.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I don't really miss football tbh. Well I miss playing it, but I don't miss not watching it.

But yeah I miss proper down time. And seeing mates over a beer. The simple things, really. Even taking the kids somewhere they enjoy would be better than this, they're not that bad really.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I miss that Friday night feeling even though I am still working 5 days a week.

Having some empty house time - missing that a bit but not too much.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Doing shift work means I never have a weekend routine to miss but I do miss the casual brunches on days off. And the weekly routine of going climbing followed by tacos.

The main thing though was the it was just getting to the start of disc golf comp season when it was shut down. So I had to suffer through multiple perfect weekends in a row where we would have been playing. Literally perfect conditions, 20ish degrees and no wind.
    Connected to that is that the USA season is on hold too so most weekends now would be spent catching up with all the YouTube footage that goes up each week.

So, uhh, disc golf I guess.
  • The weekend is a relic; a mere vessel. Hand over your weekend, and a new world awaits you.
  • It's 3am on Sunday night and I'm at work. I've been the new flesh for years mate
  • I miss my local. It had only been reopen for around a year and it has a cinema underneath. I miss drinking in the main bar with Bramble and any mates that made the trip, I miss their jerk chicken and I miss taking flasks of whisky in to watch films I wouldn't ordinarily bother to see on the big screen.

I'm not Mr. Football as I only ever tend to watch Man Utd (or England matches in major tournaments), but barring disaster I try not to miss any in a season. So yeah, I'm missing them now.
  • Y’know what? My weekends haven’t changed much. For us, the weekend is usually a time to unwind and not do anything much. It’s my weekdays that are all fucked up now. I’m not used to staying in during the week. Getting up to walk the dog and then not going outdoors again all day? It’s weird. I’m not comfortable with it. Working all day without constant movement, chat, and human interaction isn’t great. Video calls are not the same. No opportunity to go outside at lunchtime. No beers on the way home at night. No chat with people who aren’t colleagues.
‹ Previous12

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!