Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Roujin wrote:
    It'S a CoLlEcToR's ItEM

I ain't knocking it, I loves me some Lego. S'pensive though o.O
  • Gamermike wrote:
    Roujin wrote:
    Well guys, I cracked and ordered the lego flowers instead because I am weak and they will look cool in a nice vase somewhere. Edit: They also don't cost one trillion pounds.
    Where did you get them from... can't find them in stock anywhere?

Back order off the website. 

https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/flower-bouquet-10280
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Damn. I went to that site about 5 mins before you originally posted... back order limit exceeded!
  • It seems to be only letting you order one set. I think they're still for sale, just one per customer.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    The bonsai tree is on back order too. Must have been popular!
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • A friend got me this for Christmas, it was a sweet treat.

Lego-31088.jpg
  • anyone seen those tensity builds? it's something like tensity where you can suspend objects in midair using three cables. Mindfuck
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I wish my friend gave me crabs.
  • I got a Lego City helicopter.  With Net Shooter!
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    The set with the little crook's house with his outdoor tub and rampaging bear?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    pHyBmu6.jpg

My brother got it for Nate for his birthday. He'd built the lot himself but stalled on the very last bag. He got me to complete the chopper so he could build Ironman's workshop. He built his little robot assistant thing and sacked that off too
  • I got this for Christmas...
    https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/ghostbusters-ecto-1-10274

...and I’m building it right now.
  • Well jealous.
    I have the small Ecto 1 that came out a few years back, its a great set.
  •  My brother got it for Nate for his birthday. He'd built the lot himself but stalled on the very last bag. He got me to complete the chopper so he could build Ironman's workshop. He built his little robot assistant thing and sacked that off too

Nice.  Emily enjoyed making this almost as much as I did.  Comes with a little robber with a drone and a fireman statue for him to try to steal before being snared by the NET SHOOTER.

Capture.jpg
  • 76119.pngThis was one of the sets I got this year. Really nice actually and a good size. Id LOVE the massive 1989 batmobile. No way id pay close to 300euro though.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • 76119.pngThis was one of the sets I got this year. Really nice actually and a good size. Id LOVE the massive 1989 batmobile. No way id pay close to 300euro though.

Got Austin that for his birthday.
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • On a side note playing LEGO Harry Potter with the boy and that is some obtuse shit.
  • Treated myself to the Imperial Probe Droid set today.

It is quite a complex and sometimes fiddly build. It definitely fits within Lego's 18+ line that they are running. You don't have to be 18 of course but I think kids could struggle, there was some reading between the lines involved to get things lined up properly and its very much a display piece as play will see the legs fall off.

A fantastic kit all the same though. It came with a wealth of little greebly pieces and had some really clever techniques.

Here she is.
    IMG-20210517-WA0002.jpg
  • Looks great, although the antenna could look a bit less like a biro stuck on with blutac
  • What do you do with it now? Leave it out for evermore as an ornament or give it a few weeks and chuck it in the bin of bricks? Genuinely curious to know. With my kids sets, like Harry Potter sets, we let them play with them until eventually they disintegrate and join the great brick bin in the corner. But what to do with the grown up stuff?
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • With my kids sets, like Harry Potter sets, we let them play with them until eventually they disintegrate and join the great brick bin in the corner. But what to do with the grown up stuff?

Yeah taht's what happens at ours too.

We've got two massive brick bins.. we did endeavour at one point to keep Mario Lego and Minecraft Lego seperate from general lego but I think that's probably going to fail.

Actually the Mario lego was probably the least played with.
  • Funkstain wrote:
    Looks great, although the antenna could look a bit less like a biro stuck on with blutac

They look a bit better irl but I know what you are saying.
  • What do you do with it now? Leave it out for evermore as an ornament or give it a few weeks and chuck it in the bin of bricks? Genuinely curious to know. With my kids sets, like Harry Potter sets, we let them play with them until eventually they disintegrate and join the great brick bin in the corner. But what to do with the grown up stuff?

I will keep it like that. As a kid it would broken down, maybe rebuilt one day maybe not.

If I had kids I would have certain sets that are mine and remain built like this one and others that they could do what they want with. Also their own which would be up to them.

Some sets I pick up purely fir the joy of building, mainly 3 in 1 Creator sets because they are a triple hit.
    Others like this are for the build and the final thing.
  • If I had kids I would have certain sets that are mine and remain built like this one and others that they could do what they want with. Also their own which would be up to them.

I do this too. I let him play with the death star and the falcon carefully supervised but my four big sets stay in the loft assmebled for one day when I have my man cave.
  • Bob wrote:
    If I had kids I would have certain sets that are mine and remain built like this one and others that they could do what they want with. Also their own which would be up to them.
    I do this too. I let him play with the death star and the falcon carefully supervised but my four big sets stay in the loft assmebled for one day when I have my man cave.
    Yep, Ive got a First Order Star Destroyer up there along with a good number of micro figthers.

Impressive droid model btw!
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • I am imaging that Lego sets like the droid left out as ornaments would be complete dust magnets? Still very cool tho.

Bob, we are also trying and failing to keep our Mario and normal Lego separate. I saw a Mario mushroom in the normal Lego bin the other day. The scenes.
  • The Boy had his birthday on Eid, so he had double whammy of gifts.  You tell someone he is into Ninjago, and that's all he ends up with!  A car, a ship and some fortress.  3 big items.  Not had time to sit and properly make them yet, but halfway through the car at the moment.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • If it’s the ship from the film that took me and my lad about 18 hours to do a few Christmases back. Basically one hour per bag of bricks is the rate although my boy seems faster without me these days. :(
  • I fucking hate Ninjago.. always seems like really poor value and the smaller kits you hardly end up with anything to build.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!