52 games in a year? How close can you get?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Think I will join in this year. Pile of shame needs tackling.
  • Updated with Sniper Elite 3, my 27th and final completion of 2017.  Really slowed towards the end there, although 52 always seemed to be out of reach.  I tend to play many a time consuming game, or games that don't really ever end (Forza Horizon MP and now PUBG).  I have enjoyed it though, and it has made me focus and knuckle down on completions.

Of my list, the games I most enjoyed were Firewatch, Life is Strange, Gone Home and OXENFREE.  All four were really outstanding games, engaged me emotionally and notably all indie titles.  Two of which were GwG titles that I may have ignored otherwise; so while the pessimists roll their eyes every month, I look forward to discovering gems that may sometimes escape my attention.  Roll on 2018.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Certainly played quite a few PS+ games I may not have bothered with if not for this thread. Highlights were 10 Second Ninja X, Not a Hero, Velocity Ultra and Severed. Hadn't even looked at (or heard of) some of those before.

Also played a few to the bitter end that I really would've given up on if not for this thread. Lumo and Bound spring to mind.

And plenty of OK to good stuff in between, of course.
  • 44 of games I spent time with, but not all completed. Probably managed to see the credits on somewhere between 30-35 of them.

Not the huge numbers that some did, but there was a lot of hefty games in there. Plus I had school and shit. So GEt OFf MY CaSe!
  • 44 of games I spent time with, but not all completed. Probably managed to see the credits on somewhere between 30-35 of them.

Not the huge numbers that some did, but there was a lot of hefty games in there. Plus I had school and shit. So GEt OFf MY CaSe!

Gutted I missed the 52, but I did have a number of lengthy games, gonna do it this year, NO DOUBT!
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I'm gonna have a go at this this year, feeling a bit embarrassed about the pile of shame.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • 1.  The Lucky Dime Caper (Master System)
    2. Rise of the Tomb Raider (Xbox One)
    3. Mad Max - PS4
    4. Horizon: Zero Dawn
    5. Parappa the Rapper Remastered
    6. Super Monkey Ball Jr. (GBA)
    7. Ninja Commando - Neo Geo
    8. Robo Army - Neo Geo
    9. Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon - Neo Geo
    10. Dashin' Desperados - Megadrive
    11. Wonderboy in Monsterland - Master System
    12. 3D Ultra Mini Golf Adventures - 3DS
    13. Pilotwings Resort (3DS)
    14. Little Nightmares - PS4
    15. Ratchet & Clank - PS4
    16. Batman: The Videogame - Gameboy
    17. Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition - Xbox One
    18. Medal of Honor: Infiltrator
    19. Wario Land 4 - GBA
    20. Metroid Fusion - GBA  
    21. Mario Golf: Advance Tour - GBA
    22. Iridion II - GBA
    23. ARMS - Switch
    24. Nex Machina - PS4
    25. Zelda: The Minish Cap - GBA
    26. Astebreed - PS4
    27. Shovel Knight - Specter of Torment - 3DS
    28. Yakuza 0 - PS4
    29. Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows - 3DS
    30. Twinkle Tale - Megadrive
    31. Jackie Chan Adventures - NES
    32. Titan Souls - Vita
    33. Velocity 2X  - Vita
    34. Thumper - Switch
    35. VVVVVV - Vita
    36. Ryse - Xbox One
    37. Rime - PS4
    38. Aareo - PS4
    39. Oxenfree - PS4
    40. Journey - PS4
    41. Guacamelee - Vita
    42. Sonic Mania - Switch
    43. 10 Second Ninja X - Vita
    44. Ninja Senki DX - Vita
    45. Three Fourths Home - Vita
    46. The Order 1886 - PS4
    47. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy - PS4
    48. Broken Age - Vita/PS4
    49. Super Time Force Ultra - Vita
    50. Colour Guardians - Vita
    51. Assault Android Cactus - PS4
    52. Golden Axe - Arcade
    53. Spy Chameleon - Vita
    54. Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle - Switch
    55. Fez - Vita
    56. Super Stardust Delta - Vita
    57. Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins - PSP
    58. Marvel Land/Talmit's Adventure - Megadrive
    59. Skyforce Anniversary - Vita
    60. Gravity Rush - Vita
    61. Mario Odyssey - Switch
    62. Steamworld Dig - Vita
    63. TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan - PS4
    64. Klonoa: Empire of Dreams GBA
    65. TMNT - GBA
    66. Not a Hero - PS4
    67. Mario vs Donkey Kong - GBA
    68. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Switch
    69. Ninja Cop - GBA
    70. Wade Hixton's Counterpunch - GBA
    71. Spiderman: Mysterio's Menace - GBA
    72. Battlefield 1 - XboxOne
    73. Mario Tennis Power Tour GBA
    74. Mighty Gunvolt - 3DS
    75. What Remains of Edith Finch - PS4
    76. Forma.8 - Vita
    77. Alien Storm - Arcade

Edit: Bear with me, I'm doing something here and need to post this before I lose it.
  • 65 done all told then, excluding the save state retro romps.  I'm still counting the GBA games because they were all done on the console in cart form, and ackinell some of them were tough with outdated save functionality.  

Played some great games last year, it's probably the most I've ever played in a calendar year too, even as a kid.  If not the longest amount of time playing (probably that too though), certainly the highest total games.
  • 14. Fortnite: Battle Royale (PS4) - So I decided that a win on this would be my completed point, and I got a couple throughout December. If you've not played it, I'd describe it as like PUBG, but fun. I jest, but you get the idea. It's much more arcadey and accessible. The amount of updates from Epic is unreal (lol) and have led to a game that gets better on a weekly basis. I've put a stupid amount of hours into this, and it's responsible for this list being as short as it it.
  • 15. Universal Paperclips (Browser) - So this one is weird, and I think makes for my only non PS4 game. It's a clicker game, and I've never played one of these before. In explaining what they are, it got my colleague addicted to Cookie Clicker again, though from what I saw of that, this is a much better game.

In this, you are an AI tasked with making paperclips. You do this by boring means like improving production methods, and more fun means like creating drones to hypnotize people into buying paperclips.You can create a program to invest in the stock market to fund takeovers to get a monopoly on the worldwide paperclip market. Eventually, this leads to exhausting all matter on Earth, so you expand into space, and eventually exhaust all matter in the universe.

This was a perfect game to play at work, as the interface is a white background with black text, with some things in tables, so my manager was able to look at my second screen and talk about something there without noticing I had a game open on the first screen.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!