Song for the day.
  • That 16 HorsePower song really was incredibly bad.

regards

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Not a Dylan fan at the best of times but I have to say it was a forgettable version of a song that's not very good to begin with. I guess a few people who bought the album and then decided to say they like it on Amazon can't be wrong though, can they?
  • Christ, Pranky, have a wank or something.
  • wow, this shit got serious real fast.
    first of all, apologies for jumping the queue a bit, particularly to Pranky - i didn't really think it would be this much of a big deal, especially 12 hours after a song was posted and had been panned ever since.
    secondly, apologies to the forum queens (and kings and plebs) for posting the second link - I wasn't trying to get away with a second song as such, just posting an alt version of the first in response to some of the comments.
    Finally, for what it's worth, I quite liked Pranky's song.  And given that no one else seems to be digging the Tea Party, I can only assume that actually he is right and that you all don't know what you're talking about! ;)

PS: and Silke's track wasn't nearly as bad as I feared it would be (fear based on name/image on video) - not enough moaning, wailing and orchestral swells for my liking though!
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    No need for all this seriousness, bud. You can leave that for Pranko.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    I'm beginning to see why pranky gets so much stick.

All songs have been rubbish (not to my taste).
  • the deal was i get to have my song played for the day.  having someone else play a song before the day is up is not only incredibly disrespectful, but also conveys a complete disregard for the rules.

You tit.
  • the important thing is that we've all grown as individuals thanks to this experience.
  • Webbins wrote:
    Nowt, if music moves you, enjoy it in any form, apart from Mika, then you must die.

My wife went to see Mika in concert. She failed to bite him to death. My disappointment and shame is unimaginable.
  • the important thing is that we've all grown as individuals thanks to this experience.
    *chortle*
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    Nice cheery song, Japanese mispronunciations always seem to make me like a song, bit forgettable, not sure if sounding like it was recorded in a carpark helps.
    Silke wrote:
    Just wanted to let you know that I have a cunt, but I never let it constitute all that I am or could be. I'm nice, and cycling is fun.
    You mean in general or specifically if you have a c-word.
  • the latter, particularly if you remove the seat.
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    To expose the screws and metal framework?

I don't like your idea of fun.
  • well if that's not your idea of fun, then i don't want to come to your birthday party.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Silke wrote:
    This one just has to be here:

I'm a sucker for 50s style rock n' roll. So I like. Ingrish just adds to it. Katamari does the bop.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    Hiding some sins?

Of mediocrity, though that's a bit harsh.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Oh right, I thought it was a predictive text typo of some sort. Hiding a tuba, maybe, I don't know.
  • Sun is shining today and I'm on holiday. Shonen Knife seems appropriate.

won't be cycling tho

g.man
  • Brooks wrote:
    Prunko have a care for your fellow human beings and behave in this thread please.
    no, i did care.  that's the point of it all.  if i didn't care, i would have played some crappy song that wouldn't have been fit for human consumption.  and if i didn't care, then i would have completely disregarded what kow said to me on 19 may.  i played by the rules, damnit.  it's not me who has broken the social contract. critically, my choice of song has received numerous plaudits from both fans and critics alike.  if you check out 16hp's album reviews, you'll find that it is highly regarded, and was warmly received by pretty much everyone.  the reason why i chose "nobody cept you" is because even though i often give the impression that i don't care, i very often do. you say that i should have a care for my fellow human beings and behave in this thread, when it's become increasingly apparent that this is the type of behavior that only i am expected to uphold (in what is increasingly becoming a one-sided dialogue and relationship).   it's hard trying to care for your fellow human beings give a shit, and behaving in a thread where some have acted contemptuously towards me, and shown a complete disregard for my own feelings. have a fcuking heart. and on that note:  i have nothing more to say...  save for the matter that i now consider this matter closed, and that the people who broke the rule did so only because i happened to be the one posting a song, and because it suited them.  which is "convenient". don't bother responding to this, as i won't be responding to it back.

Not knowing my forum history, but is this guy an alt? Or just a complete fucking space cadet? Perhaps he might finally add some more content to his website now his toys have been dispatched from the pram.
  • Pranky isn't an alt.

more's the pity

g.man
  • Pranky's tune was hilarious. And utterly in character - that wrought, over-earnest seriousness. Picture of the band made me chuckle before I'd even hit play so with that, plus Prankster's history I figured it'd be a winner. 

Never heard of the group in question before, although I guess that's the point. Back the most no-hoper of no-hoper's and stick to your guns even when the entire world concludes they're shite after just one listen. I like their whole vibe though, desperadoes in the genuine sense, of being utterly desperate, musically and professionally.  That picture tells a thousand words, they've been playing pubs around town for years and figure they must have a hit sometime or other, before the singer and bass-player's hair recedes beyond the point of no return and they're officially consigned to the dumper. The tortured, gritty ballad seemed the best idea. Obviously history tells us they failed, miserably, but well done for trying.

Shonen Knife was pointless, if fun. I'd imagine that tweeness could get pretty irritating over the course of an album.
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    Well, their point in this case was to dispel the american doom & gloom of The Tea Party and 16 Horsepower. It was also kinda dedicated to Kow and his picture, so the fact that he liked it makes me a happy grrl.
    It's a world of truck drivers.
  • A happy what
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    I'll let you ponder on it for a while.
  • That doesn't seem necessary.
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    No it really doesn't.
  • I've not heard any Shonen Knife in ages. I saw them live a few times back in the early 90s when the likes of Kurt Cobain and Sonic Youth were promoting them. In an act of extreme tweeness the audiences used to throw sweets at them and get sweets thrown back. I've got this track on a compilation CD but I prefer their faster Buzzcocks/Ramones style numbers. Cheered me up listening to it again though.
    Gamertag: Mal0wner
    3DS Friend Code: MalO 0645-5742-2145
    Wii U: MalOwner
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    Bam, midnight, my turn.
    Was gonna do a twelve minute long dance track which I adore, then decided I didn't want to see everyone here pouring scorn all over it. So this is a more palatable choice that's been stuck in my head recently.

http://grooveshark.com/s/Extraordinary+Machine+Jon+Brion+Version/3Xynik?src=5

EDIT: Is there some trick to this code thing I'm missing or have I just misunderstood what it's for?

<object width="250" height="40" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="gsSong3156495420" name="gsSong3156495420"><param name="movie" value="http://grooveshark.com/songWidget.swf" /><param name="wmode" value="window" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="flashvars" value="hostname=cowbell.grooveshark.com&songIDs=31564954&style=grass&p=0" /><object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://grooveshark.com/songWidget.swf" width="250" height="40"><param name="wmode" value="window" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="flashvars" value="hostname=cowbell.grooveshark.com&songIDs=31564954&style=grass&p=0" /><span>Extraordinary Machine (Jon Brion version) by <a href="http://grooveshark.com/artist/Fiona+Apple/2033" title="Fiona Apple">Fiona Apple</a> on Grooveshark</span></object></object>
  • What the fuck did you post?

:O

g.man
  • How did you conclude posting a Fiona Apple record would exempt you from scorn

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!