ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    This is a terrible idea, but let's be honest daftmike's mini-nes was lovely. So this is a list thread that involves piracy, emulation, retro consoles and lists. Oh god

Right so if 30 is the magic number, what 30 games for each console. I'm firing suggestions based on nothing other than my own nostalgia, or hearing them mentioned loads on these pages, and then sometimes a google to check my memory worked

I've split these out into their own threads to make it a little easier to track

8 Bit stuff

16 Bit stuff (cartridges and sprites anyway)

When everyone made a console

Before online took off

MegaDrive/CD
    Sonic
    Sonic 3
    Ecco The Dolphin
    Alladin
    Mega Turrican
    Earthworm Jim
    SoulStar
    SubTerrania
    Virtua Racing
    Silpheed
    ThunderHawk
    WonderDog
    Desert Strike
    FIFA Football
    Phantasy Star 4
    Streets of Rage 2
    NHLPA 93
    Gunstar Heroes
    Revenge of Shinobi
    ComixZone
    Mickey Mouse Fantasia World
    Dynamite Heddy
    Ghouls and Ghosts
    Strider
    Road Rash 2
    Dune 2
    Ristar
    Probotector

SNES
    Streetighter 2
    Super Mario World
    Secret of Mana
    Mario Allstars
    Yoshi's Islnad
    Smash TV
    NBA Jam
    ISS
    Ninja Turtles
    FZero
    MarioKart
    Donkey Kong Country 2
    Super Metroid
    Link to the Past
    PilotWings
    Final Fantasy 6
    Bomberman
    Chrono Trigger
    RType 3
    Axelay
    Contra (2 or 3) I forget
    MegaMan X2
    Castlevania 4

Saturn
    Sega Rally
    Nights
    Panzer Dragoon Saga
    Radiant Silvergun
    Battle Garegga
    Virtua Fighter
    Virtua Fighter 2
    Daytona USA
    King of Fighters
    Metal Slug
    Guardian Heroes
    Virtual On
    Silhouette Mirage
    DoDonPachi
    House of the Dead
    Mass Destruction
    Virtua Cop
    Rayman

N64
    Mario 64
    Ocarina Of Time
    Mario Kart 64
    Smash Bros
    Bangai-O
    Sin and Punishment
    Mischief Makers
    GoldenEye
    WaveRace
    StarFox64
    PiltWings64
    Mario Tenis
    Paper Mario
    Turok
    Jet Force Gemini
    Perfect Dark
    1080 Snowboarding

Fuck it I'm knackered, we'll pin these down to 30 on each console. Should really add PS1 in there as well at some point, then DC,GC,PS2. Then 3D print a mini variant of each, with all relevant games in it
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • I recently made a top 30 XBLA list for my own amusement, can I put that in?
  • I'll give this some thought later.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Best thread eva, I'll be on this later.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Sensible Soccer, Madden 92 and Micro Machines would be in my Megadrive list without fail.
  • Fuck all that noise, someone call NeoGeo and tell them to get the fuck on this pls asap just shutup and take my money.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Roujin wrote:
    Fuck all that noise, someone call NeoGeo and tell them to get the fuck on this pls asap just shutup and take my money.

I had the same initial thought after watching daftmike video. Just figured that thirty titles might encompass almost the whole back catalogue

Any other lists welcome, although might try to limit multi-platform titles to first or when within a year the obviously best version, for stuff this age I guess that means closest to arcade. Can't believe I left Micro Machines out. I think I preferred SNES sensi though as it had an indoor variant
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Olimite wrote:
    Sensible Soccer, Madden 92 and Micro Machines would be in my Megadrive list without fail.
    Yep. Rocket Knight Adventures and Toejam and Earl too. Xenon 2 possibly. Cocko's list covers most of the essentials though.
  • The Snes list needs about 60 slots.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    No Exhumed or Loaded on Saturn? Mate.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    These aren't exhaustive, just figured we'd callaboratively pin these guys down to 30 games each, hopefully with no duplicates
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    If we really need a justification then rom packs are huge and full of shit, might be nice to pin down a proper essentials list
  • Dragon's Fury/Devil Crash should be on any Mega Drive list.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    cockbeard wrote:
    If we really need a justification then rom packs are huge and full of shit, might be nice to pin down a proper essentials list

I like this idea, but don't know that it needs to be limited to 30 titles in the final reckoning. We could have a top 30 by all means, but it would be nice to have the runners up too.

In which case, we should probably cover NES too. And we should have a Master System list.
  • Which version of Tomb Raider would we have - the one where outside of the water looks better from within the water, or the one with the handstand and reflective save crystals?
  • Can't imagine either have aged well.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    In fact, thinking about it, it'd be nice to have an official B&B ROM set somewhere. Something we can all add to and build on, getting the best versions of whichever games and which we can all download at will.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    That's kinda where I was attempting to head here, Though I doubt there'll be enough room in the OP for something as far ranging as I'm now thinking
  • No Shadowrun, alien3, legend of the mystical ninja, rock n roll racing, super tennis, top gear2, zombies ate my nieghbours on the snes?
  • Where is legend of zelda-majora's mask on the n64 list? Shocking omission!

Also Diddy Kong racing, f-zero x and resident evil 2

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!