StEEP
‹ Previous12
  • StEEP.jpg

PS4  |  Windows  |  XBO

Ubisoft Annecy  |  2 December

www  |  wiki

Ride a massive open world of the Alps and Alaska, where the powder is always fresh and the run never ends.Defy and master the world’s most epic mountains on skis, wingsuit, snowboard, and in paraglide. Go solo or drop in side by side with other players. Record and share the most insane stunts ever captured. Dare your friends to try out your custom lines, then challenge the world to beat your best tricks and relive your most epic wipeouts.

The mountain is yours to explore. So strap in, suit up, and drop in.

• Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I'd try this on pc but there's no way I'm installing that fucking Uplay tripe on my computer. Could chance the ps4 I suppose.
  • I played a little last weekend on the fancy beta for cool people. Seemed okay but didn't light a fire in me. Might be more fun with friends.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    About the same as Shabs. Tried the Alpha but couldn't connect to the servers.

I only did a couple of tracks. The idea of spotting possible runs and then being able to create your own run could be good, as long as they are not preset. Could be a good social game where people discover really good courses.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Have heard this is utter garbage.
  • Tis, sadly. Utter tripe, and I love me some x-treem sporting.
  • Nuuuu. Muh 1080 reborn dreams.

FUCKING UBISOFT.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    All Top Gear turbo-wank in the cutscenes, then PS3 graphics with PS2 gameplay in the actual game.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    But will it be as good as 1080?
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Yes, that's what everybody is saying.
  • Really wanted to like this but there's just no sense of speed, or any finesse that's immediately apparent.
  • The thing I'm having difficulty with is decent path finding while doing your own thing. You can be setting a great course, then you're suddenly met with those wooden fences (I'm assuming their some sort of avalanche defence) and you smack into it, then glitch into it, and can't do anything until you spawn back to your initial start point, losing what you'd done.

It's also too easy to come to a standstill, and getting going again in the direction you want is fiddly.

Navigating the map is awkward.

The jumps/tricks are difficult to time, it feels different to similar games. I miss the 'pre-wind and release' employed by other titles.

I had one event where I had to follow another rider who was blathering shite the whole time, it was too easy to pick up speed and pass her, then you had to stop and let her pass to see which way you were meant to go. There was no sense of following her path or enjoying a continuous, interesting route down a mountain, just finicky stop-starting.

Some of the falls feel unfair.

It's not terrible, I had an enjoyable six minute continuous downhill jaunt, which did have the sense of speed Tempy's not getting, but it strikes me as a game which will be ready in six months, not in two weeks.
  • I just completed a survey in relation to the open beta. It's interesting to note that they already seem aware of certain issues (such as navigating the mountain map, the inferior trick system, the punitive damage system) so it'll be interesting to see how this pans out. I also find it vaguely cathartic to communicate to a publisher how little interest I have in there being 217 different helmets and 543 different (fully licensed) ski jackets, and how much I resent having to unlock them. I realise that it's fruitless, but hey ho.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    So the beta ended last week and it's being released this Friday. Couldn't have been any negative feedback at all.
  • While I get that you're being facetious, it's been scheduled to come out on Friday for months now. I'm assuming it went gold before the beta, and that the feedback will be used for the day one patch. IIRC, the Trackmania beta finished less than a week before it launched.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I was but this is the fundamental issue of the last two gens that AJ is echoing in the PS4 thread. Too easy to let crap slide ship sub standard and then patch. I also strongly suspect they would not get all bugs sorted in a day one patch.

Regarding it going gold for months if we assume that then it would also have been before the alpha which barely worked.
  • I listened to a Facebook live feed of a guy in a wingsuit the other day. He smashed into a field of grazing cows, all you could hear was his strange death groans and the sound of cowbells. I'm in on this day 1
  • b0r1s wrote:
    I was but this is the fundamental issue of the last two gens that AJ is echoing in the PS4 thread. Too easy to let crap slide ship sub standard and then patch. I also strongly suspect they would not get all bugs sorted in a day one patch. Regarding it going gold for months if we assume that then it would also have been before the alpha which barely worked.

When I was playing it, it wasn't very buggy. My gripes with the game weren't bugs, just general design/gameplay choices. There was a very occasional glitch when you snowboarder into a particular type of hazard but, frankly, it's the type we see with any rag-doll physics. The questionnaire was asking about how certain things felt, as though they are deciding how to find tune various sliders to keep most people happy.

Apologies, when I said about it going gold, I meant before the open beta, which only ran for one weekend  18-21 November, not months and months ago.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    As a catholic I need to know when to celebrate the anniversary of St Eep
  • 2 December. Strict Catholics celebrate it by faceplanting into snow but, in these days of global warming, many just hit themselves in the face with the freezer door. Lapsed Catholics and protestants eat ice-cream. Jews celebrate Eepschtagnacht on 1 December by eating a cinnamon-rich pastry in long thin shapes called schkees.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Good stuff I love ice cream
  • You could have a frozen Ski yogurt for added aptness.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Heresy
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Celebrate until it falls below a chalice.
  • This is not the best game ever, but it's actually really good fun when you're tearing down a mountainside. The speed with which it drops you into its vast world from the map is fucking impressive, and the instant restarts are also superb. I've felt a genuine buzz as I've whipped between rocky outcrops in my wingsuit. This video is me racing my own ghost in an early, easy challenge. Hopefully it gives the sense of speed, but I'm sure it will also confirm a few folk's decision not to buy.

• Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    legaldinho wrote:
    I listened to a Facebook live feed of a guy in a wingsuit the other day. He smashed into a field of grazing cows, all you could hear was his strange death groans and the sound of cowbells. I'm in on this day 1
    Needs more cowbell.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Looks fun enough. Cold be on my birthday list when cheap in February.
  • Andy wrote:
    This is not the best game ever, but it's actually really good fun when you're tearing down a mountainside. The speed with which it drops you into its vast world from the map is fucking impressive, and the instant restarts are also superb. I've felt a genuine buzz as I've whipped between rocky outcrops in my wingsuit. This video is me racing my own ghost in an early, easy challenge. Hopefully it gives the sense of speed, but I'm sure it will also confirm a few folk's decision not to buy.

Nice, thanks for that. Time and game backlog means I won't pick this up that soon, but I'll keep an eye out for a good deal.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Andy wrote:
    This is not the best game ever, but it's actually really good fun when you're tearing down a mountainside. The speed with which it drops you into its vast world from the map is fucking impressive, and the instant restarts are also superb. I've felt a genuine buzz as I've whipped between rocky outcrops in my wingsuit. This video is me racing my own ghost in an early, easy challenge. Hopefully it gives the sense of speed, but I'm sure it will also confirm a few folk's decision not to buy.

Actually, that really does remind me a lot of 1080. Nice. Does the PS4 automagically add the bookends to uploaded videos like that, or did you put those on?
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • You can add them in ShareFactory, which is the PS4's (increasingly feature-laden) video editing app. There are plenty of game specific bookends and transitions, but I tend to prefer the PlayStation ones. I'd like if you could just fade in from (and out to) black for shorter videos, as adding bookends seems daft for a brief clip, but just starting and stopping lacks finesse.

Recorded another wee video this morning. I like capturing some of the not-so-perfect runs because a) let's face it, uploading faultless trick extravaganzas is dishonest and b) it shows off some of the neat animations.

‹ Previous12

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!