Remember The Trace? I want to make that actually happen.
‹ Previous123456715
  • Well, not necessarily The Trace, but the general idea of it. I still have the Fozzy interview that I could never get anyone to publish, and others may also have stuff.

I'd be looking at something simple rather than whatever was supposed to happen with The Trace. We'll Wordpress it if we have to.

But I'm bored and want a reason to be producing stuff. Hopefully some of you are too.
  • ...um...what was The Trace then.

regards

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Jim's forum thing.
  • Ah, right.
  • It was a bit of a mix of stuff, games, film, books, music.

I thought it had a lot of potential and was a little gutted to see it go down. Even if people want to look at this as just a place to put their rambling with a little more structure than a blog that's fine.

I'm also up for doing podcasts or video things. Let our creative sides loose.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Fuck off back to your own forum.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    What was the concept? Was it videogames, or everything? I can't really remember.

EDIT: DAMMIT I was too late and now I can't delete it.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Kow wrote:

What, here?
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Who's Fozzy?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    What, here?

The first thread in there would suggest yes.
  • Stuck Mojo, but with Chris Jericho as the singer instead of Lord Nelson.

Well in terms of members anyway.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I'd be in this, I had a 3000 word article on custom lights sabres ready to go with permission to use some chaps photos and everything.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • I still don't really understand what happened to The Trace. One minute everyone was working hard on it and seemed enthusiastic, the next it just stopped.

I'd written something for it as well. If someone wanted to use that in another project, they could.
  • JonB wrote:
    I still don't really understand what happened to The Trace. One minute everyone was working hard on it and seemed enthusiastic, the next Jim vanished in a poof of smoke. *POOF*

• The Trace? Was that as successful as The Score?

Or was it a case of 'its all going great until you say or mention something that clashes with some of the editors beliefs'
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Now, now. Jim is a lovely chap, and is perfectly entitled to his beliefs, regardless of how completely hatstand they may appear to those outside the cult.

rapturous

g.man
  • I briefly spoke to Jim a few weeks ago.  He was fine, but then he had to go and do the washing up.
  • I do like Jim.

it's hard not too

g.man
  • set in his ways

my marble madnessy game was borne from the inception of this thing, pity trace saw no more, im however revelling in the glory of having made £3.50 last month in sales
  • Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • Wasn't Jims fault, the chap who was doing the website was the one who disappeared in a poof of smoke.

Ok, so we've some interest, coolio.
  • Petey
    Show networks
    Twitter
    peterhughesdev
    PSN
    windupharlequin
    Steam
    windupharlequin

Send message
    Might this be the kind of thing that could, potentially, be associated/wrapped-up with B&B? Just throwing that out there, I know several other people have mentioned the idea of attaching a blog/editorial content to this site.
    The janitor.
  • i could make ANOTHER game for a devdiary sure, its fun
  • Wasn't Jims fault, the chap who was doing the website was the one who disappeared in a poof of smoke. Ok, so we've some interest, coolio.
    Oh, he did? Nice of Jim to, y'know, let everyone working on it know. It was a shame really - A lot of work was being invested in that place.
  • Petey wrote:
    Might this be the kind of thing that could, potentially, be associated/wrapped-up with B&B? Just throwing that out there, I know several other people have mentioned the idea of attaching a blog/editorial content to this site.
    But goddamnit that kind of shenanigans might attract new people here, undermining a fundamental constitutional tenet of:
    localshop.jpg
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Petey wrote:

If there was some kind of B&B content-producing thing I would be up for producing content. Could always use the name/branding even if there was no integration with the forum to begin with.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Petey wrote:

In the fullness of time it might be nice to build a "real" site to front this one. Gaming and similar nerd culture articles might be nice. Maybe even rustling up news stories.

The whole thing is kinda fraught with pitfalls though. I think if you were doing it it'd have to be very egalitarian. I'd rather a pot pourri approach with anyone being able to post something as long as it met very modest quality standards. It's amateur not a serious attempt to be the next The Face or something.

As a starting point how about another forum category called "Long Form" or something like that? Anything posted could be re-purposed as and when.
  • i like that last idea, spesh if you could rate threads up and down, could sharpen anyone wanting to rant up and give us many a good read
  • g.man wrote:
    Now, now. Jim is a lovely chap, and is perfectly entitled to his beliefs, regardless of how completely hatstand they may appear to those outside the cult. rapturous g.man

Oh, don't get me wrong, I quite like him too when he's not spouting nonsense.  Which, to be fair, he wasn't most of the time.  He is missed around these parts.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Maybe a page could be set up with some RSS feeds from hand picked sites - maybe just games, maybe not just games. Even a quick 'Start forum topic' button on news stories could be added which would paste in the news story into an OP. Or a 'Link to Forum topic' where you can stick the article into an existing thread.

Actually that's probably a shit idea and may break the flow of threads if it encourages posting without being in the thread itself.  

As you were.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Gremill wrote:
    g.man wrote:
    Now, now. Jim is a lovely chap, and is perfectly entitled to his beliefs, regardless of how completely hatstand they may appear to those outside the cult. rapturous g.man
    Oh, don't get me wrong, I quite like him too when he's not spouting nonsense.  Which, to be fair, he wasn't most of the time.  He is missed around these parts.

Jim was/is great. He did rather have a habit of starting off-shoot enterprises then going all J. Jonah Jameson and letting them (possibly through no fault of his own) fizzle out.
‹ Previous123456715

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!