Shut up and take my money: Boundless Wishing ULTIMAX
‹ Previous123
  • Apologies for advance if a duplicate thread exists.

I was reading an article on RPS about the new Warhammer 40K kinda, almost, maybe MMO-type thing Eternal Crusade when I came across this little snippet:
    Eternal Crusade uses the well-worn dark cartoon take on 40K, familiar from the Dawn of War games, rather than the elaborate gothic murderfests seen on the front of Games Workshop books, so please don’t turn up expecting to experience the insurmountable daily misery of life in a universe locked in perpetual warfare.

It was then that I realised exactly what I wanted - a FromSoft 40K game.

They can already do darkness, dirge and gothic spires, they already fuck about with hyper-complicated visual design on their enemies and bosses. And I think that a predominantly Single-player game would allow for a proper representation of the strength of weapons like Double-bolters, which have massive bullets that tear flesh apart, not chip off chunks of health.

I don't want Battlefield: Warhammer 40K, or a WoW equivalent - like a Superman game, the sides are not balanced, and the whole idea of XP and levelling seems contrary to what it's really about. One Terminator Marine should rip through a squad of Orks, there's no way to balance that, the universe is unbalanced. It's strength versus numbers. It would be hard, because a lot of people die in the grim darkness of the far future, so that would still work for it.

It'll never happen, obviously. Why would it?

So a thread to this idea then: Any team, any members, any property. It doesn't matter how outlandish, if you think something would work say it and tell us why.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I'd love to see Elite become properly MMO, a bit like Eve. I think that's been my video game dream since I was about 12.
  • in silly dream world....me, being paid lots by konami to work on PES.

more in line with the thread....the 'shadow of mordor' people doing 'Pirates of the Caribbean'.  that free flowing combat, made more swashbuckling, add in fisticuffs, and in a nice bright beautiful world...fighting groups of guards/pirates/undead around the ports/forts/towns of the west indies.  then add in a bit of sailing, where of course you can board the enemy for more scrapping on the ships...scurrying around, scrambling up the rigging etc...
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • in silly dream world....me, being paid lots by konami to work on PES.

more in line with the thread....the 'shadow of mordor' people doing 'Pirates of the Caribbean'.  that free flowing combat, made more swashbuckling, add in fisticuffs, and in a nice bright beautiful world...fighting groups of guards/pirates/undead around the ports/forts/towns of the west indies.  then add in a bit of sailing, where of course you can board the enemy for more scrapping on the ships...scurrying around, scrambling up the rigging etc...

Not played Mordor, but I've heard a fair bit about it.

Nemesis system as well, aye? Having a captain come back for revenge with a bigger ship and more cannons could be quite something.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Ass Crud Black Flag does that, although not very well. Hand to hand on the ship is clumsy, but not intentionally so.

I'd like Platinum to have a go at the Thundercats licence once Turtles is out the door.

I'll have a better think later, but it'll probably be a bolting together of great parts in various games. Like the Nemesis system from Mordor used in GTA to keep a gangster hierarchy going after the story finishes instead of dumping you back in the world with nowt to do.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Nemesis system high five.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Streets of Rage IV. 2D, no bollocks levelling/unlock system, just old school fisticuffs action with great graphics, tons of levels, tons of playable characters, maybe some mini games and a 4 player option (with scaling enemies) too.
  • I like that Yoss, chasing the retro dollar but I think it needs something else to make it fly these days. Some kind of leveling or unlock system, you know, to keep the kids engaged.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Levelling and unlocks are the death of same-couch multiplayer.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Levelling and unlocks are the death of same-couch multiplayer.

Good point, we need to make sure that these freeloaders buy their own copy. Online only multiplayer it is.
  • Loads of work to do, but will enjoy reading this thread.  I'd quite like a Watership Down turn-based strategy game by Intelligent Systems.
  • Power Stone 3 and/or HD collection. It's perfect for online.
  • Jonathan Blow's WarioWare.
  • High five for nemesis system.

Another system that should of been adopted in more titles was Eternal Darkness' insanity meter. That could be brilliant in so many games. More fleshed out with less silly animations.

It was brilliant.
  • Next gen open world Tenchu, with some fairly simple RPG elements where you can level up key ninja-ing attributes to develop your stealth assassin into a fairly unique killing machine. Online multiplayer would have one player taking their OP killing machine into a locked map layout with 2-4 other players controlling the cannon fodder as the ninja tries to assassinate the Shogun.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Wasn't that MP essentially what they attempted with one of the Splinter Cells?
  • I've thought Tenchu was ripe for a reboot since it came out.  First one was almost excellent, and a proper bells and whistles Tenchu given due care and attention could be The Game of Games.
  • A new Onimusha with all the RPG bits of the last one would be awesome.

Loved Onimusha.
  • A new Final Fantasy that isn't shit.

You said boundless wishing, right?
  • Crusader Civilisation Skylines 3. It would have the setting, theme and scale of Civ, the depth and complexity of a Paradox GS game, the domestic policies of Democracy 3, and the aesthetic customisation of Cities Skylines all rolled into one game. It might have a different name.

Also, Farcry 2 with animals and a brutally unforgiving survival mode
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    second one is that new thing Ark or whatever it's called.
  • X-Wing/Tie Fighter style game please, or just any Space Opera shooter that isn't trying to be a full sim without a narrative or MMO elements. It feel like it's a genre that's been lost along with the OG RTS. Even Rogue Leader didn't scratch the X-Wing itch.
  • Gremill wrote:
    Next gen open world Tenchu, with some fairly simple RPG elements where you can level up key ninja-ing attributes to develop your stealth assassin into a fairly unique killing machine. Online multiplayer would have one player taking their OP killing machine into a locked map layout with 2-4 other players controlling the cannon fodder as the ninja tries to assassinate the Shogun.
    ooh this. the first 2 games were bloody great.They had a unique atmosphere and wonderful soundtrack. Id love a new entry in the series also tbh.

Id really like a new Enslaved game as an openworld with leveling system :D And nemesis lol
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Can we please get a modern update for Road Rash.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    That's a good one.
  • I want a point and click adventure starring Captain Falcon investigating corruption in the F Zero scene, with film Noir leanings.
  • Something ultrarealistic where you get to play as a cat. This would of course all be motion captured. Maybe you can be other animals too.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Thought this was a Persona thread :(
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I really want a full fucking fledged, 30 hour,Wario Ware mixed with game Dev story
‹ Previous123

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!