Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    00RzCK9.jpg

So, Blood Bowl is back. For anyone that doesn't know what it is it's basically Rugby meets American Football meets Speedball meets Xcom. A turn based sports game that has been around in tabletop form for many many years.

um0Z87R.jpg
    mL37HJj.jpg

Having played many games of the tabletop, a fair bit of the older videogames on pc and the more recent last gen versions, I can say that this is by far the best version.

The campaign is a glorified tutorial that does a great job, slowly introducing rules and features.

The game proper is the League mode where you craft a team from scratch, name the players and level them up, give them abilites, watch a star player be born.....then get smashed into the dirt and watch in horror as he dies in a pool of mud.

There's online leagues and tranfer markets on top of the SP modes, something that this game needs to thrive. It's tons of fun.

Only me and Gaz have it afaik. Anyone else interested? A forum league would rock as we watch players improve and gain a reputation.

• I would be up for this.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • We're on the Bone though Rev
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Then yous can fucking buy a PS4 so you can play with me.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • I have but I've got the facking bono ya fuckin dog
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Did you get the preorder stuff Gaz? Bit gutted I'm missing the Wood Elves. I'm assuming both those and the Ps4 Lizardmen will be available as DLC.

Hope the Undead come as dlc. They were always my go to team. Still got the minis.
  • I've got the Wood elves :-)

Thought you would've got them in the case, you sure you haven't?
  • I imagine there's gonna a few in Dlc, when you get your phone sorted?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Its sorted. They factory reset as well as swapping battery so im slowly installing apps again.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    No-Elf Leagues plz k thx.
  • Blood Bowl the first was a bit janky but I spent quite a bit of time getting a bunch of lizardpeople to win things.

If my current lappo would run this at all, I'd spend more time with.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:
    Racist.

I'm happy as long as you stay in your own exclusive leagues you dodge stacking poncy pricks.

• Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    My perfect cage ruined by a team pre-fasting for a Victoria's Secret walk the next day.
  • cKnoor does good YouTube tutorials on how blood bowl works - recommended
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    If you can't beat elves then clearly you are the ponce.

:D
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Get blocked.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Hehe.

Gaz, you were upset that the dodge, catch etc rolls weren't bshown like the block rolls. Well in the game proper they are shown in a log at the foot of the screen.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Bollockoff wrote:
    FranticPea wrote:
    Racist.
    I'm happy as long as you stay in your own exclusive leagues you dodge stacking poncy pricks.

My experience of the table top game is that elves dodge through the opposing line, then get eaten by an orc. Given that meagre dodge bonuses they get (limits of a D6 system, innit), couple with the enormous cost of the average elf player, meant that any money I earned for my wood elves was immediately spent at the end of the match replacing everyone that died. Let people play elves, I say, it's an easy win for the rest of us! ;) (Except High Elves, whose armour is strangely resilient.)

What teams are in BB2? The table top version has 24 IIRC.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • I fucking love Blood Bowl. My Chaos Dwarf captain, Durgin Ripperfist, was a blight upon the league. Dabbled with the original PC version and it seemed a bit borked, tbh.

I might be in for this if it plays well and there's a few people on Bono? Might wait a little for a price drop though. Can't see this selling well nomatter how good it is.

Fuck Wood Elves, btw. My brother had a Wood Elf catcher with increased movement and 2+ dodge rolls who could score from inside his own half... damn lucky roller.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    So far there's Humans, Bretonnian, High Elves, Dark Elves, Dwarves, Orcs, Skaven and Chaos. Wood Elves and Lizardmen are pre order bonuses so will end up in eventually. I want Undead.

Further into the Campaign now and already getting precious over my players that have levelled up. My Catcher is an absolute star.

Campaign is a bit more than a glorified tutorial than I first thought. It's neat. Still looking forward to making my own team from scratch more though.
  • Can you rename all the players, team name, etc?

Might be in for Dark Elves or Dwarves. We like to punch.

I might break and buy this. Delete Destiny from my life.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Yeh you name a team and players from scratch. I think any base level players are editable, then apparently there's an online transfer market too which is neat. There's an achievement for selling a level 7 player on the market.

Just decimated the Skavens in the Campaign. They had 4 players left on the pitch at the end.

Really into this big time. Doing squad rotations and levelling up my guys equally for when that inevitable death happens. I hope it isnt Otto :(
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Fuck Wood Elves, btw. My brother had a Wood Elf catcher with increased movement and 2+ dodge rolls who could score from inside his own half... damn lucky roller.

My Wood Elves were blighted by shite rolls. It was a turn up for the books when I managed a successful throw.

As for one-turn touch downs, I had a Skaven gutter runner who had Sprint and Sure Feet, so with luck I could score in one play. Though gutter runners are made of paper and the masters of rolling double ones, so it didn't usually work out that way.
    FranticPea wrote:
    So far there's Humans, Bretonnian, High Elves, Dark Elves, Dwarves, Orcs, Skaven and Chaos. Wood Elves and Lizardmen are pre order bonuses so will end up in eventually. I want Undead.

Bretonnian, eh? It'll be interesting to see how they differ from regular Humans. Which particular flavour of Chaos is it? Vanilla? The table top had Chaos, Chaos Pact, Chaos Dwarfs, and Nurgle. Once I've got funds again I'll be kit-bashing a Nurgle team, continuing my proud tradition of choosing impossible teams to play.

I'm guessing vanilla Undead, too, rather than Khemri, Necromantic or Vampire.

Damn I can't wait to have an actual income again, I'm going to go apeshit on Blood Bowl.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:
    Just decimated the Skavens in the Campaign. They had 4 players left on the pitch at the end.

Sounds about right! The only team I owned with a higher casualty rate was Wood Elves.

If BB2 works like the table top, the key to beating Skaven teams is taking out the Gutter Runners. The team falls apart without them.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Its exactly like the tabletop. Ive been sat glued to it all day and not even onto making my own team yet.

Was a good game against the skaven but they gambled with a dodge too many and a turnover granted my top blitzer to blitz and steal. A quick hand off and throw later and I was away.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Undead not in. I hope they're in eventually, they were always my favourite and a challenge to play. Those mummy walls.....
  • They should be. More so than the fucking French.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Finding it funny how some reviews are complaining that some teams don't have as many player types than others, even saying it's 'stingy'

Ok. You've obviously never played Blood Bowl then.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:
    Its exactly like the tabletop. Ive been sat glued to it all day and not even onto making my own team yet. Was a good game against the skaven but they gambled with a dodge too many and a turnover granted my top blitzer to blitz and steal. A quick hand off and throw later and I was away.

Yeah, I've heard the game is basically the tabletop minus the need to paint and have friends. ;)

Skaven definitely need some luck on their side. We had a phrase at our group, "pulling a gutter runner" which meant "throwing two ones in a row when anything but a one would succeed".
    FranticPea wrote:
    Undead not in. I hope they're in eventually, they were always my favourite and a challenge to play. Those mummy walls.....
    They should be. More so than the fucking French.

Boo to no Undead. My Khemri were utter poo but a ton of fun to play.

Would your prefer Bretonnians or Tileans? To be fair, Tileans probably are in the game but they couldn't be bothered showing up. #racistwarhammerhumour
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:
    Finding it funny how some reviews are complaining that some teams don't have as many player types than others, even saying it's 'stingy' Ok. You've obviously never played Blood Bowl then.

Just wait until the start introducing the intentionally busted teams like Chaos Pact and Nurgle. Hardcore competitive video game MLG types will throw a shit fit.
‹ Previous123456723

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!