PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    https://www.easports.com/uk/pga-tour

image.img.jpg

image.img.jpg

It's out on the 16th of July, I'll see you all on the first tee.
  • 10 hour trial on EA access July 9th.

Will download. Can't see me paying whatever the ridiculous download price is though.
  • Am skeptical on this.
    It's going to cost £45 at retail, but will only come with 12 golfers and 8 courses. Previous games have come with over double those numbers.
    They have stated that they don't see it as a yearly franchise now though, and have said that they will support it with free content. So it looks like they're going to give it a Splatoon style content roll-out, possible to improve the long-tail of the game.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Glad the snap is back, but can't fathom why they've dropped ball spin if you use it.
  • Looking forward to this but it's a wait till it's on EA Access for me.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I'd imagine you can still spin the ball, but you'd have to decide how much backspin you want before you take your swing, not use it to rectify wonky shots. Spinning it forward and to the side was bollocks anyway wasn't it?

@Sas I'm not arsed about the golfers, I'm planing on recreating my own dear self within the game, but only 8 courses is a fucking meager offering. Hmm.
  • @Sas I'm not arsed about the golfers, I'm planing on recreating my own dear self within the game, but only 8 courses is a fucking meager offering. Hmm.

Yeah. The golfers isn't a deal breaker as pretty much everyone is going to recreate themselves. I just dropped the number in to highlight the sparsity of content compared to previous versions.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I'll be deep into this, golf games are the bomb. If anyone wants to get beat on PS4 mp hit me up.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Presumably you're all going to in fact recreate me, The King of Golf?
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    They can fuck off with their eight courses.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Surely launch with 18? For the sake of sanity?
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Do you think there'll be DLC courses? I know there's one but I really fear for the longevity of the game.
  • Eight courses is about seven more than most of the golfers I know ever play on.
  • Has anything really changed in the way the game plays over the last few years?
    More than any other big sport series, the annual update to 'ea golf' seems totally redundant to me...i was going to make the joke 'the biggest change to this game in a generation is the guy on the front cover', but then thought that might actually be too close to the truth.

not trying to upset those who like it, i have enjoyed these games in the past, but they've always felt exactly the same as the previous one and so i've lost any interest in keeping up to date or going through the same single player experience.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    adkm1979 wrote:
    Eight courses is about seven more than most of the golfers I know ever play on.

Not quite sure what your point is? This isn't real life, it's a videogame. Eight courses is by far the smallest amount on any EA Sports golf game since (if memory serves me), 2007.
  • Has anything really changed in the way the game plays over the last few years?
    More than any other big sport series, the annual update to 'ea golf' seems totally redundant to me...i was going to make the joke 'the biggest change to this game in a generation is the guy on the front cover', but then thought that might actually be too close to the truth.

not trying to upset those who like it, i have enjoyed these games in the past, but they've always felt exactly the same as the previous one and so i've lost any interest in keeping up to date or going through the same single player experience.
    Personally I reckon the constant (unnecessary) tweaking has seen the game get worse over the last few years.

Yes, updated courses/golfers and improved shiny is nice, but must like FIFA, the constant need to update the gameplay to justify a new version every year has seen it peak and then just get worse through arbitrary changes.

• Olimite wrote:
    Eight courses is by far the smallest amount on any EA Sports golf game since (if memory serves me), 2007.

The course number is always low when they move onto next-next-gen, and then they build them up. Not a problem - especially if they are going to support with free DLC. Biggest piss take in recent years was the £25 course DLC a couple of years back.
    Xbox / PSN - DongleUnlimited
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Which I paid for :(
  • Olimite wrote:
    Which I paid for :(

And I think you persuaded me to pay for it too ;)
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Are you planning on getting it fella?
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    adored wrote:
    Has anything really changed in the way the game plays over the last few years? More than any other big sport series, the annual update to 'ea golf' seems totally redundant to me...i was going to make the joke 'the biggest change to this game in a generation is the guy on the front cover', but then thought that might actually be too close to the truth. not trying to upset those who like it, i have enjoyed these games in the past, but they've always felt exactly the same as the previous one and so i've lost any interest in keeping up to date or going through the same single player experience.
    Personally I reckon the constant (unnecessary) tweaking has seen the game get worse over the last few years. Yes, updated courses/golfers and improved shiny is nice, but must like FIFA, the constant need to update the gameplay to justify a new version every year has seen it peak and then just get worse through arbitrary changes.

What I saw of the alpha build (link posted earlier) was pretty yawnsome-seen-it-all-before. The ability to apply spin after you hit the ball cheapens the whole thing - and that is a feature that has been in the game for many years now. What is the point of having a skillful element to swing control if you can correct it afterwards? Pointless.

I honestly believe the Wii versions of the Tiger Woods games that used motionplus were the best of the lot. Maybe the PS3 versions are as good but not sure how they detect wrist roll the way the motionplus does. The less pretty graphics are a small price to pay, and all courses are on the disc. The last version on Wii even allowed to use the balance board which moved it into sim territory - all optional though. Wii had frisbee golf on all courses too.

And again - as impractical as it is for many - same room multi-player golf is one of the joys of life - perfect hangover gaming - especially if you dispense with motion control which they all allow.

A redux on Wii U would be another notch in the reason-to-buy stick.

EA sports are lovely  (if a bit clunky in some depts) games - but they are over-engineered now (esp. wrt to golf) and sadly , mainstream gamers just seem to want to recreate what they see on TV and it's all part of the sport-as-a-business curse.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    adored wrote:
    Has anything really changed in the way the game plays over the last few years? More than any other big sport series, the annual update to 'ea golf' seems totally redundant to me...i was going to make the joke 'the biggest change to this game in a generation is the guy on the front cover', but then thought that might actually be too close to the truth. not trying to upset those who like it, i have enjoyed these games in the past, but they've always felt exactly the same as the previous one and so i've lost any interest in keeping up to date or going through the same single player experience.
    Personally I reckon the constant (unnecessary) tweaking has seen the game get worse over the last few years. Yes, updated courses/golfers and improved shiny is nice, but must like FIFA, the constant need to update the gameplay to justify a new version every year has seen it peak and then just get worse through arbitrary changes.

I can't remember the last one I played, so it'll be pretty fresh for me. It's a reboot of sorts too isn't it? Back to basics type of thing in the wake of stuff like The Golf Club.

@Davy aye but you've got a hard on for that wavy shite, it does nothing for me. It's nowhere near accurate enough to be worthwhile, and even if it was I doubt I'd fancy pissing about with a Wii-mote when I could be doing the real thing instead. I much prefer sitting on my hairy arse with a pad and a cheeky dram.
  • Olimite wrote:
    Are you planning on getting it fella?

Yep - I'm in definitely.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Downloading the EA Access trial now.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    @Davy aye but you've got a hard on for that wavy shite, it does nothing for me. It's nowhere near accurate enough to be worthwhile, and even if it was I doubt I'd fancy pissing about with a Wii-mote when I could be doing the real thing instead. I much prefer sitting on my hairy arse with a pad and a cheeky dram.

I do like the wavy shite, and M+ is pretty accurate, but I also like having the sit on your arse option which is better if you are going to play for more than 45mins. I always liked the old 3 press system for golf games - probably because of my arcade leanings - and while pushing an analogue stick isn't bad I'd prefer to adjust, aim and tinker and then do the 3 button presses. Screw that after-touch shite - it's like having a cheat mode unlocked from the start.
  • I've said it before, but i reckon they need to mix up golf games by reversing the normal 'improved stats' progression in games...the more you play the game, the better you get, the harder the game should get...reflecting the handicap system in real golf.
    so instead of your player powering up over time, hitting the ball harder and more accurately with ease....you should start out with a high 'handicap' which puts a lot of margin for error and slower speeds on the 'swing', so you can go into over-swing and still be pretty easy to hit the shot straight etc...but as you score well over the rounds, your handicap comes down, and the swing meter gets faster and less forgiving.  ultimately you want to get down to 'scratch', at which point the swing meter is brutal, and over-swing is likely to result in a shank unless you're bang on the line.
    then online games could be played at handicap levels, with the proper competitive stuff played at scratch only (which you could still enter even if your player isn't at scratch, you'd just have to play with the scratch settings).  and then it means at any level, success is measured by how good you are at the actual game, and not how much grinding you did to make your player hit the ball 350 off the tee every single time.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Good idea. Turn off parts of that EA player aid guff as your scores improve.
  • You'd all be better off waiting for the new Everybody's Golf to come out. Still the best golf game out there.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Used to get loads of fun out of this with mates in a pub that had a Playchoice 10 machine...2 of my housemates played this to decide who got the bigger bedroom in the house we moved into...simpler times.

• Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    adored wrote:
    You'd all be better off waiting for the new Everybody's Golf to come out. Still the best golf game out there.

Mario Golf tells you to check yo self :)
‹ Previous12345

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!