Nintendo Switch
  • New sale info.

So the first party stuff is gone, and has been replaced with new games, and a load from Ubisoft.

Highlights (imo):
    Mario & Rabbids: £33.32
    I Am Setsuna £14.99
    Owlboy £13.29
    South Park: the bum joke £37.49
    Lost Sphear £19.99
    Monopoly £17.99
    Rayman Legends £22.49
    Sky Force Reloaded £8.09
    Infinite Minigolf £5.39
    Gear Club Unlimited £26.99
    Earthlock £15.29
    Danmaku Unlimited 3 (dunno, it won't display cos I've already boughted it, but buy it, it's great)
    Super Beat Sports £10.79
    Spelunker Party £12.49
    MXGP 3 £19.99

But there's 100 titles there. Plenty to look at. Might go for gear club as I'd like to have a racer on the go.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Kamiko also for $2,99. I'd love to buy Danmaku but I know I'm not gonna play it right away. Better to wait.

Noticed Lumines is out next week (26th) and Inside and Limbo are set for the 28th. Worth a look if you haven't played them yet.

Pode is just out too, which I thought looked interesting in the Direct a while ago, but €24,99 is a bit too much. Might be one that @Moot wants to keep an eye out. 2p puzzle platformer I think.
  • I wish you could buy the dlc for rabbids on its own as I no longer have a copy of that game.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    I wish you could buy the dlc for rabbids on its own as I no longer have a copy of that game.

Will happily loan you my copy if you want matey.
  • Does anyone know if it’s possible to stop cutscenes from autoprogressing in Xenoblade 2? I’ve got a chinese copy with Japanese audio and I’m not having any trouble with standard text boxes and tutorials, but the cutscenes go by a bit quick for me to be able to always catch what is being said.

I doubt it’s possible...but I thought I’d ask.
  • Nina wrote:
    Kamiko also for $2,99. I'd love to buy Danmaku but I know I'm not gonna play it right away. Better to wait. Noticed Lumines is out next week (26th) and Inside and Limbo are set for the 28th. Worth a look if you haven't played them yet. Pode is just out too, which I thought looked interesting in the Direct a while ago, but €24,99 is a bit too much. Might be one that @Moot wants to keep an eye out. 2p puzzle platformer I think.

I've got my eye on it, thanks - 8/10 on Nintendo Life.  The price is a bit much, even with a £15 voucher burning a hole in my EWallet.  Got bitten with Adventure Pals, which started okay but neither of us can face playing after the first hour or so.
  • I am setsuna is perfect for that price, Lost Sphear is just OK. im still playing it, nearing the end and the story has finally gotten more interesting. But I just want it over really. It’s been a bit of a struggle if I’m honest, nowhere near as good as setsuna for me. Not bad, just a bit bland.
  • Does anyone know if it’s possible to stop cutscenes from autoprogressing in Xenoblade 2? I’ve got a chinese copy with Japanese audio and I’m not having any trouble with standard text boxes and tutorials, but the cutscenes go by a bit quick for me to be able to always catch what is being said.

Off the top of my head, I don't think so. There is however a theatre option that will have most, if not all the cutscenes you have triggered so far. Not ideal, but an option if you miss part of the dialogue.
  • cindemon wrote:
    Does anyone know if it’s possible to stop cutscenes from autoprogressing in Xenoblade 2? I’ve got a chinese copy with Japanese audio and I’m not having any trouble with standard text boxes and tutorials, but the cutscenes go by a bit quick for me to be able to always catch what is being said.

Off the top of my head, I don't think so. There is however a theatre option that will have most, if not all the cutscenes you have triggered so far. Not ideal, but an option if you miss part of the dialogue.

Ah, that’s a good shout. Thanks.
  • I am setsuna is perfect for that price, Lost Sphear is just OK. im still playing it, nearing the end and the story has finally gotten more interesting. But I just want it over really. It’s been a bit of a struggle if I’m honest, nowhere near as good as setsuna for me. Not bad, just a bit bland.
    Blander than Setsuna? That's some achievement. I really wouldn't recommend Setsuna at all - very average.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Haven’t played Setsuna, but Lost Sphear lost me after just a couple of hours.
    Get schwifty.
  • Setsuna isnt the best example out there of a classic RPG, but the music and snowy setting set it apart from most for me, and the characters started to develop a bit during the story. Good sense of place and mood. Combat was a lot fun but you could level up abilities by using them more, which in turn means you end up using the same 2 moves as they inevitably become the most powerful. I had to force myself to use different characters and equip new stuff to stop it becoming monotonous.

Edit: in contrast, lost sphear is very by the numbers with the setting, story, and the characters are all the same archetypes you’ve seen in JRPGs for years. It’s far from a bad game, just a mediocre one. I’m nearing the end and looking forward to finally putting it away and playing something else.
  • Olimite wrote:
    I wish you could buy the dlc for rabbids on its own as I no longer have a copy of that game.

Will happily loan you my copy if you want matey.

I may take you up on that when I get round to buying the dlc! Thank you kindly :)

• How long before we see an article claiming MARIO Tennis online mode is the “royale” mode in sports games.
  • Nintendo article in the latest Bloomberg Businessweek.  Mario and chums on the cover too.
  • Are they doomed?
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Nintendo article in the latest Bloomberg Businessweek.  Mario and chums on the cover too.

A fair assessment of a brilliant company.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    How long before we see an article claiming MARIO Tennis online mode is the “royale” mode in sports games.

Christ, all too easy to imagine.

It's a good idea for an online tournament though. Surely stuff like this has been done in FIFA/PES too? Seems a good fit for 1v1 stuff like For Honour, scrapping your way through the field only to cone up against your favorite twitch streamer in the final. It's probably all been done before but I'm only just cottoning on to it now.
  • Are they doomed?

The next president does allude to the feast or famine thing - "It's a high risk business, so there will be times when business is good and business is bad.  But I want to manage the company in a way that keeps us from shifting between joy and despair".
  • My copy of Mario Tennis has arrived, hopefully will get some time to play when baby is asleep tonight
  • Ama going to buy this because Nintendo is smashing the online part these days. Can see tournaments, new courts etc. Free.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    My tennis doesn't arrive until tomorrow so will give it a shit then.
  • So, despite my fears that I’d not like Xeno 2, it’s actually really enjoyable. I just like the tone and characters and it seems fun and breezy. Can already smell grindy micromanagement and busywork from a mile away but, for now, it’s a really pleasant surprise.
  • I really need to get back to that. Extra guilt as it was a Xmas gift. Collectors edish too *hides face*
  • love that tiddy
  • Tempy wrote:
    love that tiddy

Genuinely what turned me off of it. It’s embarressing to play on the train.
  • So, despite my fears that I’d not like Xeno 2, it’s actually really enjoyable. I just like the tone and characters and it seems fun and breezy. Can already smell grindy micromanagement and busywork from a mile away but, for now, it’s a really pleasant surprise.

I had to power through a few hours about 3/4 through, but I was determined to finished it and O did. The end section was better than the few hours before. Overall, it's a solid JRPG and the first I've card about seeing through to the end for years.
  • Tennis is ace but I keep coming up against people with weak connection who just hammer me as it’s impossible to return and time your shots. Coincidently they all have obscene points totals too like 3009 and up. It happened in the beta too so I’m presuming they’re kinda doing it on purpose?
  • I rewatched the Fire Emblem trailer on the news feed earlier and I'm definitely on board.  I managed to miss all evidence of grid tactics when struggling with the live E3 stream and wasn't convinced, but it looks good.  Assuming they don't ruin it by chucking too much at the battle system it's a safe bet it'll be great.
  • Tennis is ace but I keep coming up against people with weak connection who just hammer me as it’s impossible to return and time your shots. Coincidently they all have obscene points totals too like 3009 and up. It happened in the beta too so I’m presuming they’re kinda doing it on purpose?

It’s possible to reject players with crap connections but if they are doing it once you agree then that’s pretty bad.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!