PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Seemingly PT inspired.

I was going to pop this into the General Games Fred but I haven't made a fresh one for a while and this is an interesting project with an atypical creator, plus we're most of us pretty keen on PT.  I'm hoping a different perspective makes for less cliché.  I like the realism angle.

Gamesradar bit on it.

Another Gamesradar bit on it.

http://youtu.be/CZyPr5W3-4s
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Cramped townhouse?! That's sizeable, is that!

Graphics are bloody lovely, but a man can't sit around all day admiring his decor.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    My lounge is so big there's a mist in it.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • By PT you mean personal training, right?
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Yeah, sure why not.  "Everyone was suitably terrified by the PT experience" works both ways innit.
  • Weirdly, the least realistic part of that vid was the digital alarm clock display.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I also noted this.  Be interesting to see how the demon girl goes in motion, might hinge on that.
  • home-owner needs to change their lampshades.  that one in the hall would do my nut, and the smaller ones appear to block more light than anything!  "oi pal, is this a lamp or an ornate impractical torch?"
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Lamps stuck out as a bit nqr which perhaps speaks of the effectiveness of the rest of it.  There's a hint of Martyrs about the girl-thing and its appearance.  DS to comment.
  • Yeah this also looks too scary to actually play, gret.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I'd rather something new than PT2 ffs. Looks pretty enough but meh.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Given this will be a fully featured game rather than a demo, let's see how it plays/appears to play before mehhing too hard.  I recommend the articles as I like the way the chap talks about it.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    SOMA gameplay was less new and exciting than I was expecting so I need a new horror flagship.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Someone help me write my horror idea into a game plz
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Tell us about it.  I've been thinking lately about putting some stuff together in UE4, a Nicolas Moulin-esque barren, brutalist concrete maze with a blood-curdling game of hide n' seek at the core.  Gonna be minimalist but atmospheric, go to town on the lighting and rip off Alex Roman in the process.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    A maze set in a mine that just goes deeper and deeper would be cool. You end up connecting to some spirit who acts like they guide you but sometimes gives you bad advice. "Look behind you" Ah shit jump scare, hide and seek as you wait and hope for whatever it is to fuck off. Telling you to go up instead of down and you end up in another mini-maze as the sound creaks and fucks convincing the players there's something there.

I've got the idea pictured in my head anyway, looks good but will cost about 40mil so we got a deal yeah?
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Yah shoor m8
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Skerret wrote:
    night minge on that.

Indeed. Visually my idea of an awesome VR game, this, 'cept with GTA gameplay minus the Housering. People are the main problem, though; they always are. Animation chops aren't there yet.

Ideal walk-'em-up, DS. In the style of The Trap Door.
  • Skerret wrote:
    Tell us about it.  I've been thinking lately about putting some stuff together in UE4, a Nicolas Moulin-esque barren, brutalist concrete maze with a blood-curdling game of hide n' seek at the core.  Gonna be minimalist but atmospheric, go to town on the lighting and rip off Alex Roman in the process.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/06/19/tonight-you-die-brutalist-walking-simulator/
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    shit
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    My idea is rather different from that actually, more like an alternate dimension.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    The 1990s, when some PC people considered The 7th Guest a good idea. All the graphics of an FMV, trapped in a hat. Imagine that!
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    What's this mystery woman about, anyway? Did I see a woman? There's always a woman in these things, so mayber I just imagined her. Clever girl.

I'm not checking the pony's room; t'thing's vicious.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Maybe The Supremes moved in.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Oh dear.

http://youtu.be/__i_LoRKhJ0

Looks fantastic.  Sound and gameplay/sequence of events is awkward, risible, dated even.  There's potential there if the cardboard protag could shut the fuck up for a minute.  "I don't need that right now", what year is it?

Cliche abounds but the environment is fantastic and things improved when the lights went out.  Man has some serious work to do.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Its got potential but just feels very generic. The later bits were alright though.

Then again I noped out of PT after 15 minutes, so...

Baseball-Player-Tries-To-Hold-In-The-Laughter-During-Zoom.gif
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I thought this was set in the UK? Another smack against that terrible voice acting.

What is everyone's pinnacle for gaming horror design btw? I'm replaying the Shalebridge Cradle and I'm amazed how effective the sound design is at creeping me the fuck out despite the 2004 graphics.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Ravenholme genuinely shit my up first time through. Aliens versus Predator (99) on PC too, as the Marine was terrifying. Of recent stuff, Lone Survivor is wonderfully fucked up and unnerving at times (only played 90 minutes though).

The probably best all round design was Dead Space, I adored my playthrough of that.
  • DS knows. AvP especially, yeah - that Marine play through effed me in my A. Lone survivor also tops.

Ravenholm, though, nah - that game gave me nowt.

The cradle, top call B'koff.

Siren weren't bad, either.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Bollockoff wrote:
    I thought this was set in the UK? Another smack against that terrible voice acting. What is everyone's pinnacle for gaming horror design btw? I'm replaying the Shalebridge Cradle and I'm amazed how effective the sound design is at creeping me the fuck out despite the 2004 graphics.
    Shalebridge is excellent.  PT did so many things right though is obviously limited.  Dead Space did big budget body horror extremely well and had enough scares to sate me.

I unno, Silent Hill 2 managed that descent into a living nightmare better than most anything I can recall.  Even the loading screens were unsettling.  Cracking jump scare too (THUMP).  I've missed so many horror games though.  What little I've played of ZombiU is very tense, though not horrific as such.  Never gave Amnesia enough time.  FEAR had the odd moment.
‹ Previous12

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!