games you've taken a day off work/school for
‹ Previous1234
  • Inspired by outlaw's post in the plastic instruments thread.

Mine:

Zombi u
    Nintendo land
    Super Mario 3d world
    KillZone ps4
    That playroom on ps4
    Massive ect3
    Bioshock infinite

Of these I regret doing it for the ps4 stuff the most.

The fashionable thing would be to say the same for Bioshock but I'd be lying.

In the future: zelda (no Christmas holiday fun)
    Deus ex.
    Nintendo nx.
    Possibly xenoblade.
    Mass Effect 4/0/infinite (man they should call the next one energy effect)

• Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    I don't think I've ever bunked off work for a game. I've been to a few midnight launches, though - Wii and Halo 3 in particular.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    None.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • You people are sick.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    That statement could go in any thread tbf.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Never taken a day off for any game. Took a week off for Skyrim, though.
    Get schwifty.
  • Probably only did it at uni. I remember waking up with a hangover, heading out to go to a lecture but ending up at the game shop, buying F-Zero X and going home to play it all day.

In a nutshell, how I fucked up my degree.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I've taken holiday for games in the past but I can't remember to be honest. It's probably COD4, then the next two, and Fallout 3.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • Final Fantasy XIII - Sick Day.  Poor call.
    Mass Effect 3 - Annual Leave 4 day weekend, midnight launch.  I liked the game but Midnight Launches are a bit silly since by the time you get home you can only play it for an hour before falling asleep.
    Dark Souls 2 - 2 Weeks annual leave but didn't really end up playing it much. 
    WII U - Annual leave long weekend - A day of downloads and updates.  Not sure I got to play anything at all, but distinctly remember the day being so hot I did 3 loads of washing.  Never will take a day off for a console launch again.
    I'm not going down to Dad's for tea tonight because I want to play Mortal Kombat.  I pretended to have a cold when I spoke to his partner on the phone.
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Never happened.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Never happened.

Same.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I've booked the Friday off for major Final Fantasy releases a few times.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Remember doing my back in three years ago and spending it playing dark souls for most of the week. Spending half of that on those archers in anor londo..
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Never intentionally, a game may have dropped through the letterbox and I just so happen to have been off, but it's never been a conscious decision. I once got up early before work and queued up with all the nerds and dads outside Sainsbury's for the MW2 launch. I won't be going that again.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Fffffffffffff

I feel like a right dweeb now.
  • I do this all the time dude. Favourite memory of doing so has to be the original Xbox. Was in the first year of college and had been putting a little money down every week at a small game store called Games2u. Ended up getting the Xbox with a few games, I'm sure they were, Halo, Project Gotham, Dead or Alive and Jet Set Radio Future. Put Halo in first as soon as I got home, didn't even try anything else for the first two days. Aces memory.
  • I'm always booking time off for game releases. Booked a week off for Grid Autosport, same for Mass Effect 2 & 3, will probably book something for Arkham Knight too.

Slightly related, I even booked next Thursday off so I can go see Age of Ultron early.
  • I booked a day off for Halo 3 and indirectly, I remember breaking my ankle which nicely tied in with the realease of Dead Rising which I completed whilst that healed.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    People don't have any real use for holidays, obviously. Also, there are these things called weekends - they come around fairly regularly.
  • I once took an afternoon off work and happened into Game and bought F-Zero GX on the way home.  Does that count?  I kinda hope not.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • The Daddy wrote:
    I once took an afternoon off work and happened into Game and bought F-Zero GX on the way home.  Does that count?  I kinda hope not.

Of course it does. :p
  • I skipped a lot of lessons to play games when i was at school. I was reasonably responsible with this, and only ever took off lessons i didnt give a fuck about, like PE, woodcraft, metal melting etc.

The only time i can remember taking off a whole day or more was when the 360 launched. 2 days off work, iirc.
  • Kow wrote:
    People don't have any real use for holidays, obviously. Also, there are these things called weekends - they come around fairly regularly.
    When you work in retail, weekends aren't an option.
  • I took a whole week off for Dark Souls 2, was worth it. Booked a whole week off (over Easter so wouldve worked out looooong) for Bloodborne but two of the days I had to go in cos manager said so, urgent work. 

I'll be booking time off when the next Zelda hits stores. It's now the only way I can get in some good block gaming time.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • For me, I'd use weekends (nowadays) to hang out with my girlfriend. So it makes sense to take my own time off to play video games.
  • Kow wrote:

Weekends are for family and house chores stuff mostly and seeing friends. Mostly. 

And I go away only once a year on a big holiday nowadays due to cost of going away with family. Used to go on holiday 3 or 4 times a war when we had no kids. And yes back then gaming time was aplenty at weeknights and weekends.
  • Once took a sick day to play FM08, I was unwell but nowhere near sick enough to stay off since I spent 8 hours playing it. And this is why I haven't bought it again since FM11
  • Something, something, No Man's Sky, something something.
  • I turned up very late to my final year group project discussion and presentation at uni cos I was up until 6am completing Metroid Prime during a 10 hour or so session, does that count?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Just be unemployed, you can play all you want then.
  • Hopefully I'll win the lottery soon and can just give up work. Working life sucks ass big time.
‹ Previous1234

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!