myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I just restarted P5 as well. am about 7-10 hours in or so (have just done the tutorial on fusions etc).

I feel it's taking a long time to get started, but I'm loving it so far as well.The stuff about the localisation hasn't annoyed me very much at all, and am interested and knowing more about all the characters etc.

And punk nurse is awesome.

edit: as a bit of an Atlus fanboi myself, it's pretty cool to live near their HQ!
    I don't know how much of a problem this is tbh, so far the relationship between the main cast has been established, you got a bit of a look at how the school days will play, had a quick look at the areas you'll be walking around in, it feels like it's setting up to become something great.
    I haven't learned the fusion stuff yet, only caught my first glimpse of punk nurse and then I had to save and go. Liked the introduction, can't wait to see her more often.

What's the stuff about localisation?

Didn't know they already said the save detection would only give you extra cosmetic stuff. Ah well, if I think I can't do the battles a second round and they don't change any of the mechanics in Royal, I'll probably play through that on the easiest option and check out the new semester.

Looked for the Atlus HQ on maps, it's actually Sega, but all the pictures they have are from Persona stuff. Wish I had a reason to go there. I've only seen a P5 car once, and almost bumped into it with my motorcycle. Too bad I couldn't figure out a way to take a picture.
  • Yeah, I’m not sure why but I feel those opening 6-7 hours are pretty slow to get going. It’s probably exactly the same in the previous games. You’re sort of just funnelled through cutscenes and tutorials, and even though I’ve finally been allowed to run through the palace, I’m still being interrupted by tutorials... maybe I’m just too eager to get stuck in.

The localisation stuff is a bit storm in a teacup to me, but lots of experts were pointing out how bad and lazy the translations etc are. (Polygon did an article explaining some of the issues from a translators pov)

Again, I appreciate how much work a localisation team put into these things, and obviously an insider can see thousands of issues I can’t, but nothings impeding my enjoyment so far.

Maybe when Sega bought Atlus they just renamed the building. I wanna see that car!
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Looks like someone took a pic of the car and posted on Reddit
    Pretty sure that's the same as I saw before.

I'll check out the link about the localization, can only imagine how hard it has to be to translate something like Persona for the Western world.

Played a bit more last night, got confused about when you're supposed to do the palaces. Quick Google suggested as soon as possible, so I'm going in tonight I guess. There will be more tutorial.
    Only thing that hasn't really grown on me is how cramped the environments feel, combine that will all the "whisper whisper" tags on the screen and it feels a bit much. I keep getting lost on the subway too.
  • Nice car!

Completely agree on the palaces being really cramped. Cameras really tight and sticking to walls makes it worse, and yeah, the UI looks really nice but man it’s cluttered. I’m just starting to get used to it though, but I mainly use the minimal to get around I think.

And the train station is mental, textures too low res to actually read properly, and seems to rely on your knowledge of actual Japanese?
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Had the tutorial for being sneaky last night, that makes navigating the Palace both easier and harder... Easy because the locations you will snap to are fixed, harder because sometimes it chooses one you didn't expect and the camera freaks out and you don't see anything anymore. Ah well. Sure I'll get used to it.

Yeah, the train station seems to be missing information, I tried going somewhere and Morgana said things but I couldn't find subtitles for that anywhere on the screen.

Going into the first Palace for the third time the next opportunity, think that will be the last one too. Looking forward to that. I'm guessing we'll be free of tutorials after that.

Read the polygon link, it's a good article but I'm not sure how much I'll notice it. English being my second language doesn't really help when it comes to subtleties in text, a lot of it is lost on me anyway.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Done the first Palace and am now facing my first exams. Enjoying it all so far, but I'm still really confused Morgana is a he and not a she, makes the whole Lady Ann comments a bit weird at times.

Was stressing a bit on when and how to do the confidants, gain knowledge etc, jobs and an the other things. But I've settled on just going with it for now and bother with trying to maximize time when Royal hits.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Oh my god there are so many lady's that could be my girlfriend and I don't know who to choose... There's still 1 that could be a possibility but I don't have enough charm yet (I've watched all of Bubbly Hills though) and 1 that I need to do a mementos thing for first.

Still enjoying it a lot, after 40 hours I've finally figured out that if you press r1 for the map, you can press r1 again and it'll show you the different areas to go to and also where confidants are and if they will go level up. Makes planning a bit easier.

Getting ready for the July exams, fireworks show and than the summer break! Can't wait to see what that will bring!
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    4th Palace hit fairly close to home in some ways. Loved it though.

For those that care, it was
    Spoiler:
    Palace and I only just got out so don't know what will happen yet.

50 hours in now and I don't feel like I want to slow down at all. Summer break just started! Gotta decide on a girl.
    Spoiler:
  • I went with Makoto first time too - but I was kinda disappointed with how little the game does with it. I think Golden with its ski trip etc. spoiled me for depth of content.

Personally found teacher and punk doctor pretty enjoyable as romance routes.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Hm, will think about it. It's not as easy as P4G at all.

The little bit I've seen from the teacher story (think she is at rank 3 or 4, it's a lot of money and I spent all of mine at gifts last time. Since I've just finished a Palace I should be good for a while again) makes me feel like she needs someone to rely on more than someone to love though. I need to get her rank up anyway so we'll see.

The nurse is cute but I've never really felt relationship vibes from her. I'm at rank 6 or 7 and not charming enough, so I started hanging out with Ohya (is that her name?), I like the bartender at crossroads a lot.
  • The nurse is a doctor.

She was the one I got together with first time. And then Makoto in NG+. They were the only options that really appealed. And it does feel like the game needs to do more with that side of things - if you're trying to max out stats there's actually no point hanging out with someone once she's become your GF.
  • JonB wrote:
    The nurse is a doctor.

She was the one I got together with first time. And then Makoto in NG+. They were the only options that really appealed. And it does feel like the game needs to do more with that side of things - if you're trying to max out stats there's actually no point hanging out with someone once she's become your GF.

Corrected that, thanks. Stupid oversight on my part.

And yeah, hopefully The Royal will real with those issues.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    JonB wrote:
    The nurse is a doctor. She was the one I got together with first time. And then Makoto in NG+. They were the only options that really appealed. And it does feel like the game needs to do more with that side of things - if you're trying to max out stats there's actually no point hanging out with someone once she's become your GF.
    I feel like Yusuke would actually be the most obvious choice here, he clearly likes me but the game just won't admit we have potential.

I sometimes peak at the Persona subreddit (it has given me some glorious spoilers already, so that's great. Luckily I forget about that as soon as I start playing and can enjoy the story in the moment) and it seems the clear favourites there are Makoto, Futaba or just all of them.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I guess that's Reddit for you. I've not seen much of her yet, she seems like a great character but not really dating material.

Did you ever end up finishing ng+ actually? I've read through the thread but not sure if you continued playing it.
  • I didn't. Gave up before I had to do the 6th palace. They do start to drag. Pretty much had all the networks maxed out too. Would've easily made it before the deadline.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I have enjoyed the Palaces so far, apart from the first one I managed to get them all done in two days. So there just wasn't that much more to explore on NG+ that far in? I can guess you need to play until the end of you want all Persona's.

Palace 1-4 / Mementos
    Spoiler:

I thought I could jump into NG+ but I'm guessing I'll save that for Royal and start the game with focusing on stats early on. I've been doing confidants a lot but I've hit 3 roadblocks by now and need to be more charming and proficient.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Just maxed my first confidant, Yoshida. That was a pretty good story I think. Plus it gave me charm so hopefully I can advance with Takemi soon. Still not at the right rank for that.

Edit : o wow quite a lot happened now!
    Spoiler:
    Things are happening and I like it!
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Even more happened now! I'm at the end of October and tomorrow
    Spoiler:

Need to work on my knowledge and kindness as well, I'd really like to progress Sojiro's and Hifumi's social links, but I didn't get many chances last couple game days.

I'm still enjoying it a lot, the combo of the story, your personal choices (which girl and confidants to go for) and creating Persona's is a lot of fun.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Almost thought I'd have a heart attack in this castle (6th I think, it's the start of November)
    Spoiler:
  • You’re making good progress.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I have a lot of time. And I'm enjoying it.

Nothing has been particularly hard so far, so that feels good. The colour coding of the enemies is a nice touch, you can decide before engaging if you're just good attack or use Persona's. Made the palaces more predictable when I started doing that. Combat feels pretty good.

So far I've been able to get to the end of a Palace within one day, unless the story wants otherwise. Meaning I've been able to work on my confidants quite a lot. Still missing one (hanged), and a couple others I can't progress because of social stats.

We'll see how it goes. I know the calendar shows events for a whole year, but I'm not sure yet how much will be playable. I'm at 80-90 hours, so that's decent.
  • In over a month I’ve not even done the first palace yet :( this really needs to come to switch if I have any hope of completing it...
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I thought you had completed it already and restarted?
  • Nooo I’ve restarted it once because I got 7 hours or so in, and left it for too long so kind of forgot what I was doing.

This is my second attempt and still not got very far. I barely get a chance to play on the TV. It’s usually reserved by Noddy or Baby Jake.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Yeah, I'd probably go foot Noddy over Morgana too. Teddy would be a different story though.

Finally got my knowledge and kindness up, so can progress two confidents I was enjoying.
    Also told Takemi I love her. I'd prefer Hifumi tbh, but not sure if I can get her confident level high enough. Guess that's for royal.
  • Man, that’s a pretty blunt way of saying that you straight out settled. Poor Takemi.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I know. Feels bad.

I already rejected Kawakami but keep calling her so she can do my laundry.

Takemi was my choice before Hifumi showed up. I like her story, but it feels like Joker and she are just at completely different stages in their lives. Was also disappointed that Joker didn't put on his barista outfit when she came over for coffee.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I do wonder why the game is giving me loads of spiked bras and electro whips.
  • Nina wrote:
    I do wonder why the game is giving me loads of spiked bras and electro whips.

I know. No-one needs more than a half dozen of those things.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!