ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Hmm, weird, at least to me. They were really pushing this at PS4 pre launch. Admittedly we don't yet know what this actually means? 

http://www.xperiablog.net/2014/08/06/sony-ends-support-for-playstation-mobile-on-android-devices/

To my mind it means that at the moment there are no plans to upgrade Vita beyond whatever Android it's currently on, it was based on android wasn't it?? Whether they will be launching cheap PS branded tablets locked at 4.2 or whatever I've no idea. Or a new portable launch? Although a friend at work here has just reminded me about PS Now, which was what they bought Gaikai for, which would make more sense than a new portable
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • I think it just means theyve given up vs Google pay store.

The vita doesn't need ps mobile as it has a mechanism for getting games on and the ps mobile ones were mostly dross anyway that you could get on the default stores for cheaper anyway.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    They were all shit, but the ability to manage my PSN account and buy/download games to my Playstation while on the go was very handy
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Just use the website?
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • ps wut?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Yeah, first time I'd heard of it too.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I didn't know it had a name until a lad at work (ex sony rep) mentioned it. They bought Gaikai, the game streaming service, so that they could do BC using a smiilar thing to OnLive. Ian (guy at work) reckons that might be expanded to any android device rather than just on PS4 being as the device basically becomes a thin client
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    An interesting experiment, but looks like it didn't work. I'd totally forgotten it was a thing, to be honest. Shame, really, it'd be a great way of getting PSone titles on your mobile device without having to resort to yarrrring them off dodgy sites.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Anything allowing me to buy/enjoy older titles easily without forking out fuckloads on Ebay is a good plan for me. Someone get Sega to rummage through the 90s rubbish ti[ for Burning Rangers and Panzer Dragoon Saga.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Bollockoff wrote:
    ... Burning Rangers and Panzer Dragoon Saga.

I'd pay actual cash for a downloadable version of Burning Rangers. Bonus points if it's an "HD" version. Odds on it'll never see the light of day, as SEGA seem happy to shit out endless awful Sonic games than revisit their forgotten classics.

Panzer Dragoon Saga, though, will definitely never happen. SEGA have last the original source code.

giphy.gif
    Well done, SEGA.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • You don't need the source code to emulate something. You don't even need it to make a port. I remember Ocean ported a game by playing the arcade cab.
    "..the pseudo-Left new style.."
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    IanHamlett wrote:
    You don't need the source code to emulate something. You don't even need it to make a port. I remember Ocean ported a game by playing the arcade cab.

True, but it makes things easier, right? And if I remember correctly, the innards of the Saturn were such a clusterfuck that no one has yet made a working emulator for the machine. So if we're going to see a re-release, rather than straight up remake, of PDS, then we're going to need someone to dig up that code.
  • There have been a few cases of companies losing source code. Was it kingdom hearts that lost the original hi res textures? If it was up to me, I'd have an arc for all the assets. We can just tip all the seeds out of the seed bank and use that.
  • Panzer Dragoon Saga deserves to be played by more people.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I downloaded the PSM SDK once. Didn't like the look of it. Deleted it.

In hindsight, I should have skipped all three steps.
  • I keep thinking the thread title is Playmobile - Pulled.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    It hasn't been released yet.
  • Playmobil pulled.

Playmobil_King_Neptune_5885_3.jpg

By two fucking seahorses no less.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!