FIFA '14, stupid parents, and kids who deserve a good clip round the ear
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Saw a Watchdog article about this last night.

Some kids running up over a grand buying player packs? One little over indulged runt knew exactly what he was doing (had a fucking Rooney framed shirt on the wall) and the rich but clearly dim mother was sitting there obviously more interested in showing off her home than raising it as a consumer matter.

Console default values clearly need to be revised but me ? I trust my kids not to be so stupid and selfish.

Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Yep, I'm sure the kid knew exactly what he was doing.  She tied her debit card to the PSN/XBLA account, this is what's known as a life lesson imo.  Why go on telly to announce that you're an idiot with at least one 'orrible child though?
  • He couldn't even stop playing xbox while being interviewed. What a brat!

Also, annoyed that it only became a cause because some x list celebrity was fucking negligent to let it happen to them.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message

Thought that myself - though it was probably staged that way.
    He couldn't even stop playing xbox while being interviewed. What a brat!

Thought that myself - though it was probably staged that way.

• What was up with her house though, did you see the door? Looked like a prop out of some sci fi series or summat.
  • That was too weird.
  • A couple of the guys at work were on about this and were clueless about the fact this could happen. Well one knew after his kids ran up a small bill.

To be fair to the parents Apple/Sony/MS/google could all make this a hell of a lot easier for parents. The menus are a fucking mess on these devices.

Obsession with multiple users sharing content on the same console has led to this (fuck locked media). All content on a device should be available to all user accounts at the master user's consent, then just lock payment details to the master's account.

It is almost like they want shithead kids to rinse credit cards.
  • My daughter provided me with a £90 phone bill thanks to hello kitty salon. She wasn't being devious she just didn't know she was actually paying for stuff and just ended up buying all the cute characters. I've now got a password lock on google payments!
    The next generation doesn't start until MAG comes out. 

PSN: Naemuckle
    STEAM: Naemuckle
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    No good for Scots.  

I just saw his sig, in which case gefuked m8
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I have two teenage daughters who have my debit card linked to their iTunes account on their iPhones. They have it configured so that the password is not remembered and has to be reentered for every transaction and to their credit will ask me before buying anything - and they don't buy that much because basically they don't want to be tied to Apple too much re content. Which is a sensible way of looking at it.

They have 360 accounts though mine has the card as it's the XBL one - but I trust them not to buy anything - they know all privs and trust would be revoked.

I don't like the way the 360 accounts work. With Wii you start the game and select your profile - with 360 it's the other way round which is limiting. Admittedly there is more to a 360 account than a Wii Mii, but the overall logical structure is the same with respect to linking best times etc. to an account. It's a bit shit on the 360 as unless all accounts have XBL you can't compare local accounts re score etc.

As primitive as the Wii was, it's same house score/time comparison capability far outstrips the 360 which is single person-centric.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!