Chaos Reborn
  • A new version of Chaos, from its original creator, Julian Gollop.  I have fond memories of the very first Chaos game on the Spectrum, plus Lords of Chaos, the Rebelstar Raiders games, and Laser Squad.

Anyone considering backing it?  4 days left and it's at 81%......

There are some pretty amazing tiers available.  Just $100 means you can play the game as the ruler of a region, able to set it up, populate it with challenges etc, and receive reports on it when you're not online.

I'm quite tempted.  While you should never go back (and trying to replay things like even Laser Squad Nemesis now is a nightmare), the success of the new Firaxis X-Com has woken an itch for these sort of things.

The first Chaos was awesome.

3413-chaos1.jpg

This looks rather spiffy.

94d382aa9efcfea17f5e674eb510a284_large.jpg?1394098792

286bbc4a51bb33d7965e559bfa978041_large.jpg?1394988592

fe046912c7714a8eb69b62694a5dc769_large.jpg?1396515578
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I saw the thread title and assumed Unlikely was back.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • I must admit I'm a big big fan.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • But I'm not sure about backing.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Oh my. I love Chaos.

OG Laser Squad is still totally playable IMO.
  • The mechanics are a bit old but it's still fun, the hot seat multiplayer's still a goer.  

Why not sure about backing, Rev?  It's pretty much low risk I'd have thought, especially as there's already a playable alpha.
  • Timing and money unfortunately. Birthdays and mot unfortunately
  • Is this gonna get backed ? Still a long way to go or will it suddenly get kickstarted as it gets closer to it being closed out.

I'd love it to be on Tablets but i cant see it getting that much funding . Thought my laptop was ok but doesn't run Frozen Endzone too well , so I'm wondering whether i should back it when i probably won't be able to play it
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!