War Thunder: the ultimate thread of destruction
  • Well, seeing as it doesn't have it's own thread already, I thought I'd throw this one up. Mainly to publicise that, in a fit of madness, I've created a PS4 squadron. It's called 602 Squadron, named after the only Glaswegian fighter unit in WW2, which would have resulted in hilarious radio comms ("gae an ya wee German barstard"). Feel free to join up on PS4 if you intend to play WT, and join in the general failure and crashing in flames that tends to accompany the rest of us! And no, we don't remotely take the squadron seriously.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Wahey! Was hoping some sort of BnB thing would happen with this. Was dakka dakka-ing a while back. 

Will join the squadron in a bit. Do you have to spend cash to make things happen or do we do stuff on the free?
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • I spent cash on a plane pack and it gave me enough to form a squadron. Anyone can join for free. Tanks should be out soon too.
  • Yeah - I'll be up for some airborne japery - I'll sign up tonight and await further orders.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Tally Ho! Sent a request for the 602 Ali. Chocks away etc etc
  • No orders, just join in when the rest are online... :)
    Love this game more than any other on PS4! Once tanks and ships are up and running it'll be stunning!
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Had been a while since I'd fired this up and went straight for a bit of Realistic Battle Dynamic Campaign stuff. Strewth…

Crashed on take off, flailed around in the air stalling a lot, got shot a good deal and not hitting anything. Somehow the mission completed despite my crapness and then I spent 10mins flying back to the airfield to crash whislt trying to slow down on landing.. 

Mr practice required then. heheh
  • Online is at least only arcade for now. You can go full simulation but only on custom battles. The key to success is keeping an eye on your speed at all times and knowing your stall speed. Better to keep the speed up and overfly a target than rapidly turn or climb and find yourself struggling to stay airborne. Stick with arcade mode initially, it's far less of a culture shock. I really can't wait for tanks though, looks so much better than World Of Tanks.

• isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Oh ay. My main time has been spent on online arcade, researching and unlocking this and that, bombing stuff, pulling ridiculous dives and climbs etc. 
    I do like the harder realistic battle/full sim stuff as a change of pace but it makes it all nigh on impossible.. in a good way. How in the buggering christ you'd do this for real way back when; can barely see out of some of the crates, have nothing to tell you friend or foe, no radar or HUDs… terrifying really. 

I like spending some time just about getting a take off sorted and taking some turns to nail a full sim landing is a giggle. I can only imagine it's a complete bastard in an actual online battle though. 

I'll stick to the arcade stuff for now.
  • The PC bods get the historical campaigns and that means full sim, in cockpit view only, limited ammo, limited fuel and the maps extend over a much bigger area so fighters have to protect bombers while the defenders try and shoot them all down. Sounds great in a masochistic way!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!