Nintendo "Fusion"
‹ Previous123
  • Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • The following information comes from our source, of whom which has provided us with possible hardware specifications related to Nintendo’s new hardware systems, said to be named “Fusion DS” and “Fusion Terminal,” respectively. I want to reiterate that everything below may not be guaranteed so please take that into consideration when viewing the information.

Fusion DS

CPU: ARMv8-A Cortex-A53 GPU: Custom Adreno 420-based AMD GPU
    COM MEMORY: 3 GB LPDDR3 (2 GB Games, 1 GB OS)
    2 130 mm DVGA (960 x 640) Capacitive Touchscreen
    Slide Out Design with Custom Swivel Tilt Hinge
    Upper Screen made of Gorilla Glass, Comes with Magnetic Cover
    Low End Vibration for Gameplay and App Alerts
    2 Motorized Circle Pads for Haptic Feedback
    Thumbprint Security Scanner with Pulse Sensing Feedback
    2 1mp Stereoptic Cameras
    Multi-Array Microphone
    A, B, X, Y, D-Pad, L, R, 1, 2 Buttons
    3 Axis Tuning Fork Gyroscope, 3 Axis Accelerometer, Magnetometer
    NFC Reader
    3G Chip with GPS Location
    Bluetooth v4.0 BLE Command Node used to Interface with Bluetooth Devices such as Cell Phones, Tablets
    16 Gigabytes of Internal Flash Storage (Possible Future Unit With 32 Gigabytes)
    Nintendo 3DS Cart Slot
    SDHC “Holographic Enhanced” Card Slot up to 128 Gigabyte Limit
    Mini USB I/O
    3300 mAh Li-Ion battery

Fusion Terminal

GPGPU: Custom Radeon HD RX 200 GPU CODENAME LADY (2816 shaders @ 960 MHz, 4.60 TFLOP/s, Fillrates: 60.6 Gpixel/s, 170 Gtexel/s)
    CPU: IBM 64-Bit Custom POWER 8-Based IBM 8-Core Processor CODENAME JUMPMAN (2.2 GHz, Shared 6 MB L4 cache)
    Co-CPU: IBM PowerPC 750-based 1.24 GHz Tri-Core Co-Processor CODENAME HAMMER
    MEMORY: 4 Gigabytes of Unified DDR4 SDRAM CODENAMED KONG, 2 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz (12.8 GB/s) On Die CODENAMED BARREL
    802.11 b/g/n Wireless
    Bluetooth v4.0 BLE
    2 USB 3.0
    1 Coaxial Cable Input
    1 CableCARD Slot
    4 Custom Stream-Interface Nodes up to 4 Wii U GamePads
    Versions with Disk Drive play Wii U Optical Disk (4 Layers Maximum), FUSION Holographic Versatile Disc (HVD) and Nintendo 3DS Card Slot
    1 HDMI 2.0 1080p/4K Port
    Dolby TrueHD 5.1 or 7.1 Surround Sound
    Inductive Charging Surface for up to 4 FUSION DS or IC-Wii Remote Plus Controllers
    Two versions: Disk Slot Version with 60 Gigs of Internal Flash Storage and Diskless Version with 300 Gigs of Internal Flash Storage
    Steam: Ruffnekk
  • Saw this, quite interesting I thought.

Code names make it sound like the hybrid most of us have predicted.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Codenames Jumpman, Kong and Barrel.

:-D
  • They're fusing the DS brand with their home console. 
    Clever....
  • I've only just bitten the bullet with the 3DS.  Even Nintendo can't have my money this regularly.  What would this mean for the teams working on all those top secret Wii U exclusives?
  • They willing to throw all those people that bought WiiU's under the bus to get a 'net-gen' system out there?
    I understand it'll be backwards compatible. But to abandon the WiiU like that would be horrendous.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Do it, Nintendo!
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    The U's on the precipice of a freefalling spiral, Sas. They don't want to do it, obviously.

Premiums'll be £179 in a few weeks, and down - I suspect rapidly - from there. Its current owners have already taken an Oldbox pricing hit.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I've only just bitten the bullet with the 3DS.  Even Nintendo can't have my money this regularly.  What would this mean for the teams working on all those top secret Wii U exclusives?

But you got a 32x knowing full well about the Saturns existence.

3DS is just entering its 4th year too so thats not far off the 5 year cycle anyway.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • So what if Nintendo releases a powerful console though?  By the time it comes out, who would buy it to play the CODs and the BLOPs on?  Do Nintendo's franchises really need to look any better than Zelda could look on the Wii U?  A super snazzy-looking Metroid isn't going to convince people to buy a new console.

I'm just talking about grunt and power, not the potential fusion hybrid thing.  Did anyone play Mario 3D World wishing the buttons on Mario's dungarees looked more realistic?
  • I've only just bitten the bullet with the 3DS.  Even Nintendo can't have my money this regularly.  What would this mean for the teams working on all those top secret Wii U exclusives?
    But you got a 32x knowing full well about the Saturns existence. 3DS is just entering its 4th year too so thats not far off the 5 year cycle anyway.

I was 13 and Richard Ledbetter told me to do it.  The swine.
  • They already are 179 at argos and Amazon.

Edit: @escape
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Which is why it's about to become the official price.

I actually think the GamePad's a great idea, but it's starved of the choice it deserves.
  • Wait. Why must the terminal have so much power? Is this basically a Wii U but with a DS as a controller as opposed to the Wii U's screen controller?

If so that makes no sense to me. What I thought we were talking about was a powerful handheld, capable of beaming / docking to a basic set top box connected to the telly (See PSP thingy).

What this is is just Wii U again, isn't it?
  • So yes, this is so nonsensical I rule it out as fake.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Or it's Nintensical.
  • It's like a marriage between a WiiU on Steroids and the DS .

Now you're playing with Power, Nintendo Fusion Power!
  • Therr's yer dinner!
    PSN: LtPidgeon - Live: Lt Pidgeon
  • The specs are a meaningless US-focussed wet dream.

Cable card compatibility? From a Japanese company?

Everything absolutely top-spec, from Nintendo?

3G, at this point in life? Anyone seen sales figures of Vita 3G? Oh yes it's 0 because it was pulled.
  • Nintendo need to take the concept of mobile gaming and combine it into the home console experience.
    A machine that you can play at home on the TV and then effortless detach and take it on your commute with you.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • What I think/hope:

Fusion DS - basically a new handheld, 2 screens, 2 analogs, 4 sholder buttons and 4 face buttons. Power wise a Wii U*

Fusion Terminal - a Nintendo version of Apple TV/Vita TV

* this is so games can be made for both thus not alienating Wii U owners.

Cross buy from 3DS/ Wii U, have a PS+ Club Nintendo thing market the shit out of it and go balls out.

If it fails, get into bed with Microsoft. Make games exclusively for them and help them with marketing their products in Japan, maybe even under the Nintendo brand and let them handle eveything else.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Funkstain wrote:
    The specs are a meaningless US-focussed wet dream. Cable card compatibility? From a Japanese company? Everything absolutely top-spec, from Nintendo? 3G, at this point in life? Anyone seen sales figures of Vita 3G? Oh yes it's 0 because it was pulled.
    Exactly, this looks like bobbins.
  • What I think/hope: Fusion DS - basically a new handheld, 2 screens, 2 analogs, 4 sholder buttons and 4 face buttons. Power wise a Wii U* Fusion Terminal - a Nintendo version of Apple TV/Vita TV * this is so games can be made for both thus not alienating Wii U owners. Cross buy from 3DS/ Wii U, have a PS+ Club Nintendo thing market the shit out of it and go balls out. If it fails, get into bed with Microsoft. Make games exclusively for them and help them with marketing their products in Japan, maybe even under the Nintendo brand and let them handle eveything else.

That would be a sad day. MS are the polar opposite of Nintendo. They have no soul.
    PSN: LtPidgeon - Live: Lt Pidgeon
  • What I think/hope: Fusion DS - basically a new handheld, 2 screens, 2 analogs, 4 sholder buttons and 4 face buttons. Power wise a Wii U* Fusion Terminal - a Nintendo version of Apple TV/Vita TV.

Yeah that's what we were talking about, and that makes sense, kind of.

Having a super-spec powerPC makes no sense at all. More expensive components, still difficult to convert 3rd party shit to as it's not x86, blah.
  • I don't know that a version of Apple TV makes any sense either, that's not getting ports either. The console/handheld hybrid is likely dead after the way the Wii U has sold, it adds lots of cost, probably at the expense of power and seems to have a limited audience.
  • I'm not convinced Nintendo will be releasing any more consoles.
  • This is stupid and not true. I reckon
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
‹ Previous123

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!