Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Official Website

ferrari-458-spider-chase_size_0_zps02bdbbf1.jpg

High Stakes Rivalry
    Watch the stakes grow through a new scoring system that lets racers risk their speed points to shoot for higher multipliers and greater rewards, or bank their speed points safely when they return to a hideout. The more risk you take on, the faster you can progress, but get busted by the cops and they take your speed points as a reward. Hundreds of thousands of speed points can be at stake at every turn and at every bust – will you go from hero to zero?

stingray_vs_cop_cc_zps34164c64.jpg

Alldrive
    This revolutionary new feature lets you seamlessly join a world where your friends are already racing and chasing. Single-player and multiplayer are no longer isolated game modes. There are no lobbies, no waiting; everything is seamless. You and your friends can all share the same game, same race and same chase. Paths cross and experiences merge: imagine your race and your friend’s pursuit colliding creating a world where no two events will ever feel the same. Don’t want to play with others? Then simply choose to make Redview County yours alone and dominate the advanced racing and cop AI.

r8_2_blank_0_zpsdac84c65.jpg

Your Car, Your Identity
    Power up your car with the latest upgrades in pursuit technology and personalize your bodywork with fresh paintjobs, liveries, custom license plates, rims, and decals to show off your car to the world. With millions of potential combinations you can save different configurations and keep a variety of car packages on alert to leave your mark no matter the situation.

gt-r_esf_3_zps5a0fe93d.jpg

Cop vs Racers
    Racers are lone wolves out for their own glory; driving agile cars built for high speed racing and epic chases. Cops work in teams to hunt down and bust racers using the full power of the police force. Intense racing moments are made even more thrilling with access to upgradeable pursuit technology customized to each side. Racers use this technology to evade cops – using tech such as turbo bursts, jammers and electromagnetic pulses. Cops will be armed for aggressive busts, deploying shockwaves, jammers, and calling in police roadblocks or helicopter support. Each side has a different set of supercars, technology, tasks and career milestones. Switch sides whenever you want to get that car you need, the tech you want, and the role you crave in a progression system that is different for each side.

srt_low_zpsbbd98005.jpg

Network
    Network will be the hub for continuing your racing and chasing with access to stats, leaderboards and content uploads direct from the game. Breakdown what’s happening in your friends worlds in real time, join groups to team and engage on the forums.  Share your progress and images with your social networks.  Prep for your next gaming session as you build playlists, and add your latest rivals to your friends list.

Engage with Need for Speed Rivals from the web, tablet, or mobile in Overwatch, a mini-game that connects you with the console/PC game by letting you help or hinder your friends to earn points towards exclusive paintjobs.

So who's in?

I barely scratched the surface of NFS Most Wanted but what I have seen of this I like the look off so if the finances are available and there is sufficient interest from here I think it may very well get added to list.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    im hoping to pick this and fifa up shortly after launch.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • If it's as good as Hot Pursuit, I'll be on it like the proverbial car bonnet. Otherwise meh.
    Mostly an idiot. Live: thedarthjim / Instagram: mrjalco / Twitter: @MrJalco
  • It looks a lot closer to Hot Pursuit. Most Wanted was OK, but it never quite gelled for me. Can't say it looks particularly next gen bar more dust effects, but my PS4 is going to need some form of driving game to keep it happy.

• Might get the 360 version once it goes down.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Ali wrote:
    It looks a lot closer to Hot Pursuit. Most Wanted was OK, but it never quite gelled for me. Can't say it looks particularly next gen bar more dust effects, but my PS4 is going to need some form of driving game to keep it happy.
    The delay of Drive Club must surely do wonders for this game on the 29th. I'm guessing that launch day must have the highest attachment rate and with what would have been their nearest rival (and offering a free version to boot) now withdrawing from the 'battle' I wouldn't have held out much hopes of this getting the sales it, may, deserve.
  • Why aren't they just calling HP2? Seems close enough and surely there would be more sales in it. NFS has become bloody confusing. 

HP was class.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • As long as it's not NFS Undercover all over again. Wasn't that present at the turn of the last generation?
  • Nah, it was the original Most Wanted back then. That was surprisingly good fun, miles better than the more recent attempt.
  • Most Wanted came out on 360, I remember sinking a lot of time and love into that,  but I'm sure Undercover was a PS3 launch game and that was bloody awful.
  • Carbon was the PS3 launch title, the failed attempt at recreating the glory of Underground 2.
  • Ah, that makes more sense. Carbon was rubbish but, then again, I really hated the Undercover games. NFS is till about long country roads and super cars for me. I just wish they'd bring back this guy…

• JRPC wrote:
    Why aren't they just calling HP2? Seems close enough and surely there would be more sales in it. NFS has become bloody confusing.  HP was class.

I guess they just thought that Rivals better fit their idea of the blending of SP and MP.
    Not sure how it works, the demonstration at E3 left me even more confused. Why don't they just do an open world?
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Open World is funny, unless you spend the time learning every road and the best routes it's easy to get lost. I loved Paradise but that was a slightly different game, a big toy box if you will. For racing I prefer the point to point in Hot Pursuit.
  • Mod74 wrote:
    Open World is funny, unless you spend the time learning every road and the best routes it's easy to get lost. I loved Paradise but that was a slightly different game, a big toy box if you will. For racing I prefer the point to point in Hot Pursuit.

Yeah, me too.

And all that that having to meet somewhere to start a race can fuck right off too.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • I hazard a guess it's going to use a tech similar to WoW's zoning technology. Where people are in the same game world, but differently instanced versions of it depending where they are with regards to the story content.
    Iirc they demoed a race at E3 where someone in a police car happened onto the road where the race passed through and as such they were allowed to join in the chase.
    It's a good idea in theory, I just want to know more about how it works.
  • Any current gen write ups for this floating about?
  • It's not till 22nd Nov over here , maybe 15th in the States
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman

Anyone?

Doesn't quite feel like Xmas season if I'm not buying myself at least one arcade runabout. GT6, as a runabout at least, definitely interests me, but as I'm currently enjoying a FM4 career mode revisit, I think buying GT would be silly for me.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I think I'm going to pick up a next gen version of this, probably on disc so I can rid after a month or two...
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    Very tempted by this, just worried how much ill play it since I'll have Forza at the same time.  

Probably gonna be thus or BF4.  No idea which one to buy atm.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I think I'm going this on ps4... come join me!
    Anyone? Doesn't quite feel like Xmas season if I'm not buying myself at least one arcade runabout. GT6, as a runabout at least, definitely interests me, but as I'm currently enjoying a FM4 career mode revisit, I think buying GT would be silly for me.
    Seems incredibly low key this close to launch. The DLC model that EA is desperate to follow these days  really doesn't suit arcade racers and the last game was disappointing, so I'll wait for impressions and the inevitable £25 price point.
  • Who is the developer on this? I was playing some Most Wanted last night, thinking whether I should trade it in and make some space in the room (trading in lots of old games). Got into it, don't think I want to trade it in anymore until I've exhausted it (sort of)!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    USGamer - 5/5
    Need for Speed: Rivals takes some of the best features from prior franchise entries and combines them with a seamless single-multiplayer mode to create an absolutely terrific, utterly bonkers race-and-chase game that looks and sounds as good as it drives.
    http://www.usgamer.net/articles/need-for-speed-rivals-ps4-review-the-greatest-hits

GameSpot - 8/10
    Need for Speed: Rivals is very much in the tradition of Hot Pursuit, but that great, familiar gameplay has been infused with enough new elements to make it as thrilling here as it's ever been. It sure is good to hit the open road again.
    http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/need-for-speed-rivals-review/1900-6415555/

Auto Express - 4/5
    The huge, open-world environment, wide variety of cars, superb graphics, life-like weather and damage effects make Need for Speed: Rivals incredibly fun - we could happily play this game for hours at a time. However, the lack of split-screen multiplayer and a cockpit view seem like missed opportunities, and those who prefer more linear gameplay should look elsewhere.
    http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/77963/need-speed-rivals-review#ixzz2kj9nlSKE

OXM - 8
    Need for Speed Rivals is obviously the best-looking the series has been, thanks to the advent of new console hardware, but it's not definitively the best-feeling game in the series. It'll be tough to weather another pre-race lobby in other driving games after experiencing Rivals' seamless single-player/multiplayer mix, but it comes at the expense of a cohesive career mode, which might be slightly too chaotic for some. Fortunately, Ghost Games proves itself worthy of taking the keys from Criterion, as its debut ensures Xbox One is off to a rip-roaring start.
    http://www.oxmonline.com/need-speed-rivals-xbox-one-review?page=0,1

EGM - 7/10
    While the driving is superb and the visuals are stunning, the inherent limitations of Rivals‘ AllDrive concept begin to hamper the experience near the end. The result is a game that’s three-quarters great fun, one-quarter miserable, frustrating slog.
    http://www.egmnow.com/articles/reviews/egm-review-need-for-speed-rivals/

GamesRadar - 3.5/5
    Need for Speed: Rivals is a wholly enjoyable open-world racer. The driving is solid, its streets are a joy to explore, and its racing assignments--though a bit repetitive at times--are incentive enough to keep you coming back for more. 
    http://www.gamesradar.com/need-for-speed-rivals-review/

• Ghost was the main studio on this game with Criterion overseeing the project. Ghost is made up of ex Forza, PGR and Race Pro guys and there out of Sweden.

I'm picking this up today I think. Slightly worried about the lack of review coverage but fuck it.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    plenty of twitch ps4 streams you can check first.

its looking a lot better than i had previously anticipated and now i realy want it.

• Davie, you posted all those reviews as I was typing. They look positive, I just wish there was an outlet I trusted there.
  • Auto Express do game reviews?
  • If the 360/PS3 versions are just down-rezzed versions without any meat cut from the features/map/etc, I may just go day one.*

*Payday is a day later I'm sure.
‹ Previous1234

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!